A League of Their Own Deluxe Dottie Costume
- Pair of Leg Warmers
- 97% polyester, 3% spandex doubleknit fabric
- Short-sleeved shirtwaist dress has off-center front buttons, belt loops at waist
- Embroidered patches sewn to bodice front & left sleeve
- Red canvas ball cap has embroidered "R" patch on front, hook & loop fastener size-adjustment band in back
- Red knit leg warmers
- Red faux leather belt has silver-tone metal buckle
- Columbia pictures officially licensed, exclusive
- NOTE: color may vary from photo
You know what? We're not going to do it. Yup, we know what you're thinking, what you're already saying out loud and we're just not going to say it. You came here expecting that but we're full of surprises, aren't we.
Okay fine, we'll say it! There's no crying in baseball! Are you happy now? When you can get Madonna, Rosie O'Donnell, and Geena Davis all in one movie, of course you're happy. We haven't even mentioned Tom Hanks yet! So yes, we are crying in baseball... Crying with happiness because at long last there's an incredible detailed costume for us to make our love of A League of Their Own known to the whole world over! Because guess what, sports fan? You've just been selected to be a member of the very best baseball team in the country, the Rockford Peaches! Woohoo! Hike up those knee socks and slide into home (just don't charge Dottie. She won't like that), because you're an all-star now!
And yes, we admit, "there's no crying in baseball" is a great quote. But hey, it's okay if you cry. Crying happens. That's life. We prefer a much better quote from the movie, which sums up not just baseball, but a lot of things in life: "It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great." Well said, Jimmy. So whether it's that big presentation at work or managing to get through a family get together with everyone keeping the peace, it's hard, but you're going to make it great. That's what makes you a Rockford Peach. Go get 'em, tiger!
|X-Small||Dress Length||34 3/4"||88cm|
|X-Small||Hat Circumference||21" - 24"||53cm - 61cm|
|Small||Dress Length||35 1/2"||90cm|
|Small||Hat Circumference||21" - 24"||53cm - 61cm|
|Medium||Dress Length||36 1/4"||92cm|
|Medium||Hat Circumference||21" - 24"||53cm - 61cm|
|Large||Hat Circumference||21" - 24"||53cm - 61cm|
|X-Large||Dress Length||37 3/4"||96cm|
|X-Large||Hat Circumference||21" - 24"||53cm - 61cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- A real Rockford PeachBy Anonymous | October 27, 2014Growing up in Rockford, I always wanted to be a Peach for Halloween. Fun costume! Wore it to a party already and my boyfriend went as Coach Jimmy. We were a hit! Wish the logo on the front said Rockford Peaches, instead of A League of Their Own and the arm logo was the original girl's league patch (like the Coach Jimmy costume). Luckily, my boyfriend's mom played for the girl's league and I swapped out the arm patch for an original AAGPBL one and put her other girl's league patch on the other arm. One should buy a size bigger than you regularly wear, especially to fit a larger bust line. One can always cinch in the waistline with the nice belt. Well made, but the waistline is rather high.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good qualityBy brooke Goodell | November 1, 2020Height 5’3” | Weight 155 | Size LargeBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Big hit!By Jess | October 27, 2019Im 5'6 size 14/16. XL fit great!Was this review helpful to you?
- Nicely made. Good fitBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018I am right between a Lg and a XL. I ordered the 2xl based on measurements and was swimming in it. Returned and got the XL, it was just right. I probably could have squeezed in a large but I extremely busty so I needed the XL in the top. Dress fits like an Aline but belt cinches everything into place nicely! Very well made. Huge hit at Party! My husband went as coach Jimmy:)Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Awesome costume!!By Km | November 13, 2018Wow! This is well made, good quality product. The hat just needed me to tug on the bill the way I like. Fit perfectly. The socks were thigh highs and nice thickness- not too thick- so I folded them over to be knee socks. The outfit was able to be worn straight out the package. Belt was well made too!
I paid to get it 2 day shipped and was biting my nails but it came 4pm on Halloween day. Just in time. I’m going wear it a lot again, so comfortable & got a ton of compliments.Was this review helpful to you?