- Skull Prop
- Molded plastic skull prop w/ movable jaw
- Molded and painted skull details
- Approx size is 10" L x 8.5" W x 8.5" D
Why do we decorate with the bones of the dead? In an ancient ritual from Mexico and Central America, the bones of the dead are removed from their internment and cleaned three years after burial. This is called "bone washing". After the cleaning they are displayed on an alter with food and prayed over. This is a ritual associated with the Day of the Dead.
However, this is not the only time that skulls and the bones of the dead are sure to make an appearance. During Halloween skulls and skeletons are placed around houses all over the world, to create a spooky atmosphere. There's always the lingering suspicion that the soul that used to belong to the skull, never really left, unwilling to give up it's bones! Waiting to scare someone with a cold breeze, or a slamming door. Don't worry though, this Large Skull is just made of plastic!
|Standard||Prop Size||10" L x 8.5" W x 8.5" D||10" L x 8.5" W x 8.5" D|
Can u paint it. (1 Answer)
Yes this skull is shaped like a real skull with a rounded back of it.
- Love it!By Halloween Princess | October 3, 2022Perfect for my Halloween! I purchased 3 of them.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- SkullBy Current Customer | August 21, 2020Size StandardVery pleased with this item. Exactly what I needed. Sorry they are out.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Awesome BIG SkullBy Dannette Burton | July 4, 2022BIGGER than I thought, which is AWESOME!
Totally LOVE it!
Thank you!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?