Gladiator General Maximus Men's Costume
- Pair of Shoulder Armor
- Chest Armor
- Pair of Leg Armor
- Pair of Arm Wraps
- 100% polyester fabric
- Faux leather tunic has hook and loop closures in back
- Pull on shirt has attached fur cuffs on sleeves
- Pants have elastic waist and elastic at ankles
- Shoulder armor is soft molded latex & attaches to chest armor w/ hook & loop tape
- Chest armor is soft molded latex w/ hood & loop closures in back
- Leg armor is soft molded latex w/ hook & loop closures in back
- Arm wraps are soft molded latex w/ hook & loop closures in back
- Cape has attached faux fur trim and attached to shoulder pieces w/ hook & loop tape
- The fur may be slightly different than the photo.
"What we do in life... echoes in eternity."
So says General Maximus at the beginning of the classic Ridley Scott film, Gladiator. While that is some expertly written and memorable dialogue, we hope it's also a true statement. But we have no idea! What do we look like, metaphysicists?? We don't know what happens in eternity! But if our life echoes within it, we're glad you're taking a look at this officially licensed General Maximus costume, because it's epic enough to wear forever.
The only thing we'd advise against is getting into any actual Roman battles wearing this thing. It's made of latex and not metal as it appears. That being said, you could probably frighten some barbarians with it, but we don't really recommend that either. That would require a costly trip to Germany, and also a time machine to around 180AD. That's also where you'd have to go to get the real version of this armor. Since that technology doesn't exist, we think our version is an amazing first realistic choice!
Since this costume has incredible details and quality (How about that realistic armor and fur trimmed cape? It's straight out of the movie!) we think you should go to a party, wait for the exact right moment, then step up into the spotlight and give an incredible, awe-inspiring speech to all your fellow party-goers. That's what Maximus would do! You'll be remembered in poetry and song as the greatest general Rome had ever seen... to give a rousing speech while holding a red Solo cup.
"Brothers! What we drink tonight... will echo in our bodies tomorrow, and possibly eternity!"
|Medium||Pants Waist||30" - 44"||76cm - 112cm|
|Large||Shirt Length||41 1/2"||105cm|
|Large||Pants Waist||36" - 48"||91cm - 122cm|
|X-Large||Pants Waist||38" - 54"||97cm - 137cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- General Maximus Decimus MeridiusBy DM | October 30, 2021Height 5'7" | Weight 142 | Size MediumGreat costume! Lots of layers snd pieces (maroon tunic with faux fur sleeve accents, elastic waist pants, faux leather vest with Velcro back, faux chest armor with elastic back, cape with faux fur collar, leg armor, forearm armor, shoulder armor, leather hand straps). It really looks legit like Maximus in movie stills online.
Everything fit well (purchased in size Med) except the tunic was too narrow to get over my shoulders. I just cut straight up the back and taped it closed. No one can see the back anyway with all the other layers on top of it.
As an aside, buy the sword that comes with the plastic scabbard. It has holes in the back of the scabbard so you can use a strap to tie it around your waist. (I used the hand straps that came with the costume.) There's another gladiator sword that is much bigger but it doesn't come with a scabbard so you'd have to carry it around all night.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 15, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 23, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | December 1, 2018Was this review helpful to you?