Kids Angler Fish Costume
- Hooded Jumpsuit w/ Attached Gloves & Shoe Covers
- Angler Fish Kids Costume
- 97% polyester, 3% spandex stretch knit fabric
- Jumpsuit has center-front zipper
- All-over tone-on-tone fish scale print
- Stuffed teeth, eyes, spikes, & fins
- Semi-sheer fin panels sewn between sleeves & body
- Attached gloves can flip back to free the hands
- Attached shoe covers
When we're thinking of scary places we usually think of haunted houses in mossy swamps or misty graveyards. The thing is, we don't have to get creative to come up with monsters; all we have to do is sink down to the deep, deep sea. Maybe some of the creatures that old timey sailors came up with are fiction. Mermaids turned out to be sea cows and Nessie might be a pure myth, but with the dawn of the submarine age, we have found that the truth is without a doubt stranger than fiction.
When we lit up the bottom of our sea with our submerged ships we found creatures that humans would never have thought to put on their illuminated maps. No, there were no hundred-foot lobsters that could snatch ships from the surface of the sea but giant squid, that's a creature that exists. Size isn't the only thing that’s super weird down there. There are creatures of every color imaginable. There's the flesh colored lump called the blob fish or the super adorable butter yellow round octopus with tiny little tentacles. The fish that really takes the proverbial cake? The angler fish! This fish is something from a nightmare. It's black with scaly skin and giant eyes, its light dangles in front of its face, luring creatures into the glow until the little fishy comes face to face with its giant teeth.
Any kid who wants to dress up as a real-life monster this Halloween will absolutely love this ensemble. The jumpsuit looks like it has emerged from the deep with silver fins, long fin-like fingers, and spikes on the arms. Top it off with the toothy hood with its large eyes and enticing dangling ball and your kiddo is sure to emerge this Halloween ready to show us land dwellers the weird and wonderful stuff we've been missing below!
|Small||Jumpsuit Length||38 1/2"||98cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Fantastic!By Anonymous | April 5, 2020This is such a great and unique costume! My son’s favorite animal is an angler fish so when I showed him this costume he wanted it for Halloween. I was a bit hesitant to spend $50 for a one-night costume but, in the end, I couldn’t help myself. My son is 7 and we got size Medium. It fit just right but I really wish I had gone up one more size so he could have possibly worn in for next year too. The head is a bit floppy and it moves but we didn’t mind. Literally every house we went to trick-or-treat my son was complimented, many said he won the best costume of the night because it was so unique. We even had a lady call out to her husband to take a picture of my son because she loved the costume so much. I’m so happy with my purchase!Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Wow! We're so glad that you enjoyed this Angler Costume so much! Hopefully, your son will find reasons to wear this long after Halloween is over!
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | April 5, 2020Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy janelle | November 11, 2019LOVE THIS! Legs are a bit tight in the calf/thigh area, but we ordered a size up just case to account for that.Was this review helpful to you?
- Picture is Better than the real thingBy charlene | October 16, 2019My son really wanted this costume because he loves scary-looking fish. Because he is a small, the price was higher. At $85, I waivered in purchasing because it's just one night of wear, but I also expected a quality costume. I received it today.... The teeth are all pointing a different direction. There is stuffing comming out of the back of the eyes and the parts where the teeth are sewn in. There are strings hanging out of the costume all over. The brim/trim of the head piece is crookedly stitched together, so it bends outward and all the inside seams and stitching can be seen while the child is wearing the costume. I really want to return this item and buy a less expensive, but quality costume instead. If you're on the fence about this costume, and the value/quality of your purchase matters, I would say convince your kid to go with a different costume.
P.S. - It makes no sense that this costume gets more expensive for the smaller sizes.Was this review helpful to you?
- Fantastic costume!By Current Customer | October 8, 2018My 12-year-old son loves this costume. Although it runs small, we bought the XL to fit size 14 boys and it's fine. He likes the shiny fins and that he can see well since the costume doesn't cover his face. It's an unusual costume which makes him stand out. Highly recommend.Was this review helpful to you?