Colonial Costume for Adults
- Jacket w/ Attached Vest
- 100% polyester faux suede & satin fabrics
- Vest panels are sewn into side & shoulder seams of jacket
- Vest has buttons at center front
- Jacket has decorative buttons at center front, 2 false pocket flaps
- Pants have elastic waistband & cuffs which end just below the knees
- Pants have decorative buttons above each cuff
- Tie satin neck scarf as desired
- Tricorne hat has wire in brim edge to maintain shape
Colonial Etiquette 101
Before regular baths, indoor lighting, and other modern niceties were available, etiquette was much more strict. Maybe this was to make people feel fancy, even while stepping through who-knows-what in the streets and picking bugs out of their wigs. For instance, children were instructed to never approach their parents without bowing first. And even then, they had to address good ol' mom and dad as sir or madam!
George Washington transcribed party fouls such as, "lift not one eyebrow higher than the other" and "it is bad manners to cross your legs." Honestly, we're not sure if he'd be cool with our conversation style. Still, all judgment aside, it's good to know how to act while wearing this Colonial Costume. And if someone catches you raising an eyebrow, perhaps they'll let you get away with it due to your dapper duds!
Design & Details
This high-quality Made By Us faux suede ensemble will have you thanking your lucky stars for modern conveniences such as mirrors and cameras because it would be a shame if you couldn't take in your colonial splendor! The brown vest panels are attached to the jacket so that getting dressed is a snap. Add your own white collared shirt and tie the satin neck scarf as you see fit! Topped off with a tricorn hat, your historic costume will look spiffy in 1700's style as soon as it's out of the bag!
Revving for Revolution
Once you're in this costume, you'll almost feel ready to take up your quill and pen a strongly worded letter to King George! Just add a pair of knee-high socks that you can tuck into your pantaloons, a pair of pilgrim shoes, and maybe even a wig if you're feeling fancy. Once you're suited up, who knows what will happen! Just be sure and take a few rules from George Washington's notes and keep those legs uncrossed!
|Medium||Jacket Waist||38 1/2"||98cm|
|Medium||Jacket Length||32 1/2"||83cm|
|Medium||Pants Waist||29" - 39 1/2"||74cm - 100cm|
|Medium||Pants Length||26 1/2"||67cm|
|Large||Jacket Waist||42 1/2"||108cm|
|Large||Sleeve Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|Large||Jacket Length||33 1/2"||85cm|
|Large||Pants Waist||32" - 43 1/2"||81cm - 110cm|
|X-Large||Jacket Waist||46 1/2"||118cm|
|X-Large||Sleeve Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|X-Large||Pants Waist||36" - 47 1/2"||91cm - 121cm|
|X-Large||Pants Length||27 1/2"||70cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | February 21, 2022Size LargeI bought this for my 11 year old's colonial play. It fits her good and she is on the taller side. i wouldn't recommend it for a large man though. I think it runs small. Costume is of good quality. Would recommend.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 19, 2021Was this review helpful to you?