Colonial Dress Costume for Women
- Dress w/ Attached Apron
- 100% polyester calico & broadcloth fabrics
- Dress has back zipper
- Neckline & sleeve cuffs edged w/ ivory ruffles
- Bodice front has velvet ribbon & decorative buttons
- Ivory apron edged w/ eyelet sewn to front waistline
- Bonnet has elastic in ruffled edge, behind decorative velvet ribbon
- Tie triangular shawl as desired
A Different Kind of Spin Class
When Jenny showed up for Colonial Spin Class, she was shocked. Where were the bikes? Why was everyone wearing full-length dresses instead of yoga pants? While Jenny didn't get the full-body workout she came for, she was blown away by how fun it was to sit at a spinning wheel and make yarn while catching up on pre-revolutionary gossip. What was Goody Tailor thinking wearing scarlet to Sunday services? The Johnsons purchased yet another ox and haven't even sold their wheat crop yet. Captain Emanuel Downing was planning on coming to the country dance to the excitement of every unmarried young lady in town! At the end of the two-hour class, Jenny had decided that she was definitely going to return. Next time, though, she was going to be dressed for the occasion!
Design & Details
This historic costume was designed by our in house creative team. Since it's Made By Us, it's been designed with longevity in mind, making it a great pick for theaters, schools, and history enthusiasts who want to dress up again and again. The lovely pink floor-length gown has buttons down the front of the bodice, a modest square neckline trimmed in ruffles, and a crisp off-white apron attached to the waistline. The three-quarter sleeves bring a little of the 1700s to life while the bonnet and shawl will make you ready to stroll into the town square, or spinning class, whatever suits you best!
Jenny knows what to expect when she shows up to Colonial Spin Class now and while she wears a full-length dress in the morning while she's at the wheel, she's convinced her historical-enthusiast friends to join her later in the day for a little open-air yoga in the meadow. Talk about the best of both worlds!
|Medium||Sleeve Length||15 1/4"||39cm|
|Large||Sleeve Length||15 1/2"||39cm|
|X-Large||Sleeve Length||15 3/4"||40cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Great Colonial CostumeBy Anonymous | February 13, 2022Height 170 | Weight 5' 3" | Size X-LargeI LOVE the costume but for a person my height and weight, it zipped but was way too tight, especially for those of us who are top-heavy. The length also needs to be taken up several inches. Unfortunately, it does not come in 1X. I'm going to let my thinner, taller sister use it for our festival.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | January 10, 2022Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anji | October 14, 2021Height 5' 8" | Size X-LargeMuch bigger than I expected
I didn't order a plus size, but I did order XL
Too long - I would have tripped on the hem
And the waist was too low.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?