Burlap Voodoo Doll Women's Costume
- 100% polyester
- Fully-lined burlap dress has back zipper
- Dress has heart and patch appliques; pins are on stiff wires
- Wig is yarn hair on polyester mesh cap
- Glasses are faux leather w/ attached buttons and elastic band around head
- Choker has hook and loop closure in back
- Exclusively, made by us!
When you began dabbling in Voodoo you didn't realize that you would get sucked so deeply into it. It started when you were in New Orleans and met a mysterious woman who introduced herself as Ms. Laveau. How were you supposed to know that this was the woman that has been talked about for hundreds of years? How were you supposed to know that you were sipping a Sazerac with the voodoo queen of New Orleans?
When she began to train you in the art of Voodoo you figured you would be simply learning a couple potions or chants. You liked the idea of keeping a shrine, lighting incense, and putting out offerings but since you were learning from the legendary, immortal queen you were in for more than you bargained for. When Marie Laveau arrived at your house with a length of burlap you figured she had a crafting project in mind. When she began taking your measurements you figured that she might be making you some kind of ceremonial robes. She asked you to try it on and began to chant. You began to feel strange in the strange yet fashionable dress. Somehow you began to feel stiff, like you were stuffed with straw. When you tried to ask the Voodoo queen what she was doing you found your mouth was nothing but a stitched line.
Sure, it might sound like a sad story but look at it this way, you're one of the only human Voodoo dolls in the world and you're made by the most powerful immortal Voodoo queen in the world. Your dress is actually quite cute with pleats at the waist and button details. Well, it could be worse but when you're transformed back to normal and get another urge to dabble in something maybe you ought to try yoga.
|Small||Dress Length||36 1/2"||93cm|
|Medium||Sleeve Length||24 1/4"||62cm|
|Large||Sleeve Length||24 1/2"||62cm|
|Large||Dress Length||37 1/2"||95cm|
|X-Large||Sleeve Length||24 3/4"||63cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Five StarsBy Nana | October 30, 2021Size SmallIt’s look great and cute!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- BeautifulBy Current Customer | November 12, 2017It was a little tight in the waist, so you might want to order up a size. It zips up the back, so it would be hard to modify that. It comes with the wig and button eye mask, but my daughter didn't want to use the mask.Was this review helpful to you?
- Too scratchyBy Anonymous | November 19, 2018Couldn't wear it - too uncomfortable. The burlap. though lined, still scratches at all the seems. Had to return it.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 21, 2021Size MediumBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Cute, but itchyBy Ashley | October 10, 2021Purchased for my daughter, very cute
Sleeves are a little long on her, nothing that i cant fix. She complained of how itchy it is.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 7, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Voodoo Doll is a No GoBy Current Customer | September 13, 2019I tried this costume on and it’s soooo itchy and scratchy there’s just no way I can wear it. It literally felt like I was stuffed inside a bale of hay that’s how itchy scratchy this costume is. It’s an XL and is actually to small so It’s going to be returned.Was this review helpful to you?
- not what I expectedBy PatBu | November 24, 2018The costume is very heavy, the material is very hard and looks very big, although size is what I expected. Based on some of the pictures, I thought it would be a soft material mimicking a nice doll dress but it looks more like a heavy duty bag with some decor. Even in the cold fall of the Northeast, wearing this would be extremely warm, unless you are wearing it outside and even there, it is heavy, itchy and uncomfortable. I just tried it on and decided to return it immediately. Additional accessories probably don't matter bc the costume was a complete failure, nonetheless, the wig was probably ok. Please note that even when the bag of the costume is not broken and even if the return happens before Halloween (not a malicious return after wearing it once), you will be charged a percentage of the costume if you return it. Also, shipping back is not free so I basically lost 25 dollars bc I attempted to buy a lousy costume online. I will not buy again from this store/website, unless I see the costume in a store and they only have my size here. Terrible costumer service. I should not be losing money because a costume was not what I expected at all, especially if the business deals with selling these items online and should have this kind of problems.Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled not what I expected Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled not what I expected No (0)Monster Responds...I'm really sorry this wasn't what you were hoping for, and I have taken a look to make sure the refund was processed. While we typically have a re-stocking fee, we can work with the customer regarding that if Customer Service is contacted. At this point I have resolved the issue and if you have further questions let them know.