Women's Day of the Dead Costume
When your friends and family are thinking about you, do you want them to feel all gloomy and bummed out? We didn't think so! The same goes for ghosts, who want us to be happy and have fun when we celebrate them. You'll be the life of the party when you show up in our exclusive Women's Day of the Dead Costume!
Every year when November rolls around, Latin American communities kick off Dia de los Muertos, the Day of the Dead, to honor the spirits of the deceased by living life to the fullest. There is food, drink, music, and enough loudly colored decorations and costumes to wake the dead, which is the whole point! And since the guests of honor are the spirits themselves, there are deathly motifs worked into all of the decorations. Skulls and bones can be found everywhere, from the macabre makeup and outfits, to the dazzlingly delicious sugar skulls. And when it's all over, the souls go back to resting until it's time to do it all again the next November.
Of course, those of us who are still living don't get to sleep for a year after the party ends like the dead do (someone's gotta pay those bills, after all), but you can still have tons of spooky fun dressing like them! We've designed this glamorously gothic dress to look both elegant and haunting, and the matching lacy headpiece matches the rose and lace accents on the gown. Add your own skull makeup for a truly otherworldly look, and pair up with someone wearing our Men's Day of the Dead costume to celebrate in style!
- Women's Day of the Dead
- 100% polyester satin, faux suede, and lace
- Red dress bodice and skirt are patterned faux suede, padded shoulders for classic look
- Zipper on dress back w/ key hole opening and button at base of neck
- Shiny satin lower sleeves, pannier, and fabric self ties at waist that tie in back
- Black lace trim and rose accents on neck line, sleeves, and pannier
- Black lace choker w/ jewel accent encloses w/ Velcro
- Black lace veil and crown of roses headpiece is attached to plastic headband