Women's Day of the Dead Costume
- Women's Day of the Dead Costume
- 100% polyester satin, faux suede, and lace
- Red dress bodice and skirt are patterned faux suede, padded shoulders for classic look
- Zipper on dress back w/ key hole opening and button at base of neck
- Shiny satin lower sleeves, pannier, and fabric self ties at waist that tie in back
- Black lace trim and rose accents on neck line, sleeves, and pannier
- Black lace choker w/ jewel accent encloses w/ Hook and Loop fastener
- Black lace veil and crown of roses headpiece is attached to plastic headband
When your friends and family are thinking about you, do you want them to feel all gloomy and bummed out? We didn't think so! The same goes for ghosts, who want us to be happy and have fun when we celebrate them. You'll be the life of the party when you show up in our exclusive Women's Day of the Dead Costume!
Every year when November rolls around, Latin American communities kick off Dia de los Muertos, the Day of the Dead, to honor the spirits of the deceased by living life to the fullest. There is food, drink, music, and enough loudly colored decorations and costumes to wake the dead, which is the whole point! And since the guests of honor are the spirits themselves, there are deathly motifs worked into all of the decorations. Skulls and bones can be found everywhere, from the macabre makeup and outfits, to the dazzlingly delicious sugar skulls. And when it's all over, the souls go back to resting until it's time to do it all again the next November.
Of course, those of us who are still living don't get to sleep for a year after the party ends like the dead do (someone's gotta pay those bills, after all), but you can still have tons of spooky fun dressing like them! We've designed this glamorously gothic dress to look both elegant and haunting, and the matching lacy headpiece matches the rose and lace accents on the gown. Add your own skull makeup for a truly otherworldly look, and pair up with someone wearing our Men's Day of the Dead costume to celebrate in style!
|Small||Dress Length||55 1/2"||141cm|
|Large||Dress Length||56 1/2"||144cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Great Costume!By Shades of Grey | October 29, 2017Thought we would match this year! Dress is same fabric as the suit. Nice quality. L works if you are a size 8-10, I am 5'2" and wore with a low heeled boot and it was to the floor so nice length. Had so much fun with these costumes!!Was this review helpful to you?
- Great Quality can't wait for HalloweenBy Anonymous | October 10, 2016The quality of this costume is superb! I love all the attention to detail (the lace on the sleeves, the poof of the shoulder pad (they're big) and the veil (it's not flimsy!). I can't wait for Halloween to wear it and add my own spin on a Day of the Dead face paint!Was this review helpful to you?
- Just Down And FunkyBy pepcoco1 | August 25, 2016First Said: The shipping timing is EXCELLENT, having ordered on August 21, 2016 and received on August 25, you could not asked for quicker service. OK well, well well the costume looks just like the photo. The entire outfit is so nice with a lovely headband of large roses attached to a long black veil. The material for the dress is nice for being a reasonable price costume. I don't care for the shoulder pads but that's OK, it's a easy fix to change out and replace with different ones. I immediately tried it on in which if fit ordering a XL and being a size 12/14 myself. Just be careful if you have large arms because it's form fitting between the top upper arm down to the elbow. Other than that I"m happy with the purchase. I will be cruising during the Halloween date having a Halloween Party on the ship will attach picture(s) Oh by the way I also ordered the Female "D of the "D mask which also is nice. I plan on adding gems to make the mask POP. I hope this review is helpful? Cookie Pie / Philadelphia PAWas this review helpful to you?
- BeautifulBy Michele | October 28, 2019You won't be disappointed with this one! Very Comfortable! Very detailed! Headdress was specially nice! Would so wear again! Went as a couple with husband wearing male matching costume! We won first place!Was this review helpful to you?
- Too smallBy Current Customer | August 9, 2019I ordered based on the size chart, but it was way too small. I suggest ordering up a size or two.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- DisappointedBy Anonymous | November 4, 2018When I opened the packed most of the roses fell off. I had to spend time fixing the costume. I went up a size due to my bust line and it still didn't fit. I made it all work out but it was a disappointment.Was this review helpful to you?
- Woman's Day of the DeadBy Anonymous | October 29, 2017I Love my costume. I did have to have it on.
I'll send you picture's if I can.Was this review helpful to you?
- Too Grandma lookingBy Anonymous | September 23, 2016The material is great for a costume especially, but it has too much going on. The shoulder pads are so so big. I cut off the arms and plan to shorten the dress.Was this review helpful to you?