Toddler Chef Costume
- White fabric: 100% polyester; homespun gingham: 57% polyester, 30% cotton, 12% rayon, 1% nylon
- White poplin shirt has gingham cuffs & mandarin collar, black piping on front edge
- Shirt fastens w/ buttons at front; 2nd row of decorative buttons gives double-breasted look
- Black & white homespun gingham pants have elastic waistband
- Chef's toque hat has poplin crown, wide gingham band
Back in the olden days, one of the biggest reasons to even have kids was so you could have tons of free help when it came to running your homestead. Needed more hands in the fields? Just had to have some more kids! Didn’t have fields but had a lot of kids? There were factories that were happy to pay top dollar to have those nimble little hands work long hours at running their machines!
And so, sure, it wasn’t exactly the most heartwarming or loving way to start a family, but let’s face it: Every now and again, parent, we all wish we could bring back the days when we could just treat kids like tiny adults and expect them to earn their keep. Think about it! Wouldn’t it be nice to just turn to that 3 yr old and say, “Hey. That food yer eatin’ costs money. And you got yourself a 3 year deficit that you better start workin’ off with some light housekeeping.” *throws them a scrubbing brush* “Now get to washin’ and polishin’ that floor!” But we can’t, because while that’s entertaining when it happens to a bunch of singing rag-tag orphans or street urchins, these days? Social Services does not take kindly to child labor.
So honestly, the best you can hope for is getting your little one this Toddler Chef Costume and hope that it inspires them to take up the family cooking, all on its own. Which might not be that big a pipe dream, because just look at this costume - your tiny buddy will feel just like an authentic culinary master in the chef's toque hat, official-looking white poplin jacket, and black & white homespun gingham pants. Who wouldn't put this on and think, "Hey, you know what? I've been spending most of my young life just sitting around, when I could have been spending that time in the kitchen, learning how to whip up a soufflé, or, at the very least, teaching myself how to get my own cereal ready when it's breakfast time." And then you just give them a little encouraging push, and before you know it, your child is cooking and serving all of your family's meals! Genius!
|18MO||Waist||13" - 22"||33cm - 56cm|
|2T||Waist||14" - 24"||36cm - 61cm|
|4T||Waist||16" - 26"||41cm - 66cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | February 21, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- This chef costume was perfect!By Mar | November 19, 2018My daughter wore this for Halloween and she loved it. It’s very well made and sturdy. I ordered a 4t and it fit her perfect. She was actually three years old on Halloween but turned 4 years old week later. So I’d say it runs small to average. She’s average height and size for a four year old now.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Love itBy Current Customer | May 5, 2016Too cuteWas this review helpful to you?