Red Plus Size Gothic Wedding Dress Costume
- Plus Size Red Gothic Wedding Dress
- 100% polyester dress w/ 100% nylon tulle & lace
- Skirt & bodice are red satin, tulle placket and lace overlays
- Dress has back zipper
- Skirt has satin base layer w/ 3 tiers of lace edged w/ satin ribbon
- 48" diameter plastic hoop can be threaded into opening at back of hem of underskirt
- 25" long veil has layers of tulle & lace, attached to satin-covered headband
Everyone's heard the old saying “True love waits,” but there's nothing that says how long you might actually be waiting for it to get there. You could meet your soul mate tomorrow, or in a few years from now. It could also be long after you've kicked the bucket, at which point, anyone would get pretty impatient. If you're dressed up in our spookily exclusive Plus Size Red Gothic Wedding Dress, you'll be all ready for when your groom (finally) shows up!
In all honesty, we've never been to an afterlife wedding. Not because we're too chicken to go; we've just never been invited to one, and we're too courteous to crash some ghosts' special day. If we had to guess, post-life party goers probably enjoy the same frilly decorations and fancy formal wear as the average wedding for living folks, but with a more macabre flair. Instead of the infamous Chicken Dance, dead guests probably do the Headless Chicken Dance, and we'd bet the usually delicious chocolate fountain has unsweetened chocolate flowing out of it, for a bitter surprise. On top of it all, the lacy streamers and banners are probably made of spiderwebs, and the flower bouquets and table settings are all wilted. Sounds like a wonderfully gothic wedding to us...
Whether you're preparing for your own deathly nuptials, or you're hitting up another gloomy-themed party, our red gown will let you blend right in! Tulle and satin layers add to this elegantly old fashioned style, while the lacy overlays and matching veil give you an otherworldly vibe. Toss on a goth style wig and some makeup for an even ghostlier look, and you'll give “Til death do us part” all new meaning!
|1X||Dress Length||60 1/2"||154cm|
|3X||Dress Length||61 1/4"||156cm|
|4X||Dress Length||61 1/4"||156cm|
|5X||Dress Length||61 1/4"||156cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- A gorgeous Lydia Deetz costumeBy Softmorticia | October 23, 2020Height 5”6 | Weight 160 | Size 1XI am so glad I went with this dress instead of the other leading costume company brands! This was an elegant and beautiful dress, I am very pleased.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Amazing dressBy Current Customer | November 5, 2015Everyone asked where I got it, it looked amazing, won 1st place!!Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | October 16, 2019I absolutely love this costume! It fit very true to size. The only reason I gave it 4 stars was because I wish they would have offered it in a petite size. I am 5' 2" and the dress was way too long for me, at least 5" too long. So I had to do some major altering on both the underneath and the overlace.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | October 27, 2019Wore this costume this year and my husband and I won the costume contest! Once the package arrived I opened and hung the dress to remove wrinkles. The hoop was tricky - wrapped around 2 chairs for a few days to straighten and stretch out. Sizing is off and the dress was large. I had to alter to make it fit. The length was great. I am 5”9’ and wore a small wedge bootie with the dress about 1” off the ground.
Overall great costume design and quality for the price.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Thanks for your tips on prepping this gothic wedding dress lives up to its full potential. Your trick with the hoop skirt is particularly clever!
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | February 28, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 16, 2018Best costume I have ever owned!! My husband went as Beetlejuice, and we took 2nd place!! My daughter and her husband took 1st, otherwise I am SURE we would have won!!Was this review helpful to you?
- Love itBy Anonymous | October 19, 2018Just as picture shows, Fast shipment, great fit ( bought a 2x) follow the sizing chart and there will be no problems with sizing. Get the size that is closest to the numbers on he chart even if your a little bigger or smaller then the numbers it will still fit fine!Was this review helpful to you?
- Practically perfect!By Melissa | October 7, 2018This fit my daughter perfectly. We can't use the hoop though because it's so twisted it won't lay right. Wish you had a better way to ship it.Was this review helpful to you?
- I won third place in Halloween ContestBy Current Customer | October 31, 2017It comes with a hoop, but no instructions on how to install it. there is no hole to insert it and the hoop did not stay straight. So I didn't use the hoop, the dress looked somewhat frumpy. But this dress was perfect to go as Beetlejuice's bride. I plan on making some modifications to it to use it again in the future as a day of the dead dress.Was this review helpful to you?
- AWESOME DRESSBy Heatherk | October 26, 2016I found the dress to fit perfect just a little on the long side since I'm only 5'6" but wearing heeled boots helped that. Had no directions on how to put hoop in skirt, looked all around hem and ended up having to cut a slit to put the hoop through. But being a plus size I really did not need the hoop in the dress. The only real con I had was the lace around the neck was scratchy on the skin would of helped to have a soft inner lining.Was this review helpful to you?
- Better than I expected...actually!By Heatherk | October 16, 2016Awesome costume. I purposely bought bigger because I figured costumes usually run smaller than true size. However, I should have bought my actual size...it would've been fine. I have a longer torso, so the waist is a little higher on me. That being said, it's a good quality costume and I'm not at all disappointed. I will probably recycle this one several times!Was this review helpful to you?