Plus Size Hardworking Lady Costume
- Plus Size Hardworking Lady Costume
- 100% polyester poplin fabric
- Short-sleeved blue jumpsuit has notched collar & center front zipper
- Jumpsuit has pockets & belt loops, cuffed sleeves & pant legs
- Printed patch on collar has a woman's face & reads "We Can Do It" and "Rosies"
- Red & white polka dot bandana measures 7.5" x 38"
When America's men were off to fight "over there" the nation called on the women to put their hands to use. This gave women a taste of what it was like to have a major part of the workforce. It was a time of pride in the women's strength and smarts. It not only affected people's mindsets but it changed unpredictable things like the fashions. Instead of long, loose hair and complicated updo's woman started tying back their hair with a kerchief. It was only a short time after women were arrested if they wanted to wear trousers and now they were in factories wearing jumpsuits.
So, when posters of Rosie the Riveter started popping up around the country it was a pretty revolutionary image, sponsored by the government, no less! It was the inspiration women needed to continue working hard in victory gardens, munitions factories, and salvage programming. The times might have been hard but everyone was coming together, putting aside class, to make sure their country stayed together in a time of violence and hardship.
This costume includes a jumpsuit and a bandana. The jumpsuit has a collar with short sleeves and a zipper. The jumpsuit also has pockets, belt loops, and cuffed pants. The patch on the collar has the famous and inspiring tagline "We can do it". Pair this with a pair of sensible boots so you'll be ready for whatever the factories throw at you. Tie the included bandana around your head and you'll be an inspiration to the movement!
|1X||Waist||36" - 43"||91cm - 109cm|
|2X||Waist||45" - 49"||114cm - 124cm|
|3X||Waist||48" - 55"||122cm - 140cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Super Thin MaterialBy Sunshine | October 30, 2018My measurements are 40-37-45. I would rather take something in than have it be too small so I got a 1x instead of the xl. My issue is that the material is a super see thru polyester. Very thin so making alterations on it has been really difficult. I don't know if the proportions would have been better had I gone with the size chart.Was this review helpful to you?
- Way too bigBy Candy | October 26, 2018This costume is honestly not made properly. The torso is all messed up and when I got a bigger size it was humungous.Was this review helpful to you?