Plus Size Deluxe Nun Costume
- 100% polyester poplin & jersey knit fabrics
- Poplin dress has back zipper
- Poplin tabard ;has same-fabric ties at back of neck
- Jersey knit collar has same-fabric ties at back of neck
- Balaclava-style jersey knit headcap covers head and neck leaving face exposed
- Veil has white foam front edge band, fastens w/ fabric ties at back of neck
What possessed us to make this high-quality Plus Size Deluxe Nun Costume? Well, when we started this project, we thought it would give us an excuse to make a ton of fun nun puns. But since then, we've kicked the habit!
But seriously: nuns are special people, and even though they may not get enough credit for all of the good they do for others, their distinctive outfits are instantly recognized across the globe. Unfortunately, a religious vocation can be a tough path to follow, so investing in this complete set of vestments might be your best chance to look truly devout--or to recreate your favorite scenes from some classic musicals!
Because there's nothing that looks better in the light of centuries-old stained glass or summertime in the Austrian Alps than austere black and white. We don't know why that is, but it's undeniable. And if a bunch of streakers start showing up at cathedrals and convents, shouting about how they wouldn't have had to go bare if there was a decent nun outfit for sale anywhere, we need our consciences to be clear!
Hey, we're not claiming that wearing a costume like this is an easy way to become a better person: at most, it's just an easy way to let the world see that you're trying. But if you've got a song-and-dance number that calls for a cloister chorus line, you don't have much choice. And we pray that audiences will be merciful when they see that these garments really were made with care!
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- DisappointingBy Anonymous | October 2, 2018Good first: the dress and tabard fit as described and are fairly decent quality - a little scratchy, but strong material. Thank you HalloweenCostumes.com for providing accurate measurements!
The not-so-good: the collar, headcap, and veil are so disappointing I'm not going to use them, and these are the KEY pieces to a nun costume. The collar isn't wide enough to reach my shoulders and doesn't sit flat on my chest. The headcap dimensions are wrong: long and narrow. It doesn't come far enough forward to cover my ears or to my hairline above my forehead and keeps trying to slide off the back of my head, but, oddly, there's a bunch of excess fabric at the top. The veil has a padded wimple-like piece (the white part on the forehead), that is attached slightly crooked with seams so close together the gap between black and white material is visible when the piece is tied on. Also, the white part inside the veil has huge visible stitching at the bottom edge making it look unfinished.
Overall: I'm disappointed enough to take the time to write a detailed review; if I had known these things before purchase I would have kept looking. Since the dress and tabard fit and I don't have quite enough time to find a full replacement I'll keep the costume, but I've purchased the headgear elsewhere.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good Value if you are willing to make some adjustmentsBy Anita Roman-Garcia | October 31, 2021Height 5' 6" | Size 5XI bought a size up since I thought it might not fit my upper arms but it was fine. A little too big. I should have bought the correct size. Overall the quality was good. Everything made in black was very good quality and in general, I got a lot of compliments that it looked like a real habit. The part that needs help is all the stuff made with the white synthetic fabric. The collar was very limp so I used iron-on sturdy interfacing on the back. That gave it the stiffness it needed I need to cover it with a linen-type fabric on that side so it won't stick to anything when I was or iron it for the next use. The piece that you put over your head does not fit well. It does not stay on your head well but slides back. There is another review that describes it better. The slipperiness of that headpiece makes the veil slide back. I tried fashion tape for it to stick but it did keep slipping back. Besides the slippery nature of the headpiece, the veil is on the heavy side so that also helps it slip back. I will find some fixes so this doesn't happen when I use the costume again. I hope I can. The costume was very well received. Well worth the money.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- PerfectBy Current Customer | September 9, 2016Material is made of good quality, and it's actually the size it should be. I should have actually got what size I needed instead of trying to make sure that it was plus size enough. I've gotten some plus size items from other places that looks sure didn't look to be plus size. Fast delivery. Was kept informed of shipping/delivery via email.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great costume!!By Mymango808 | October 31, 2015Got a million compliments on the quality and look of the habit. Easy and fun to wear.Was this review helpful to you?
- PerfectBy Cynthia | October 12, 2019I tried this on as soon as it arrived. It is true to the size description & is made quite well and of good material. It looks pretty good on & can't wait to wear it to upcoming parties.
The only negative I have is the collar. It is rather short, it does not scoop low over the chest or reach to the shoulders as shown in the picture.
The notifications are fun to receive/watch. I've never seen such a clever way to contact a buyer regarding their order before. Love them!
My order was handled quickly & was received before the expected date.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very HappyBy Anonymous | October 29, 2017I was quite impressed with the quality of the costume. I went as Valak, the nun from The Conjuring 2. The material is slightly see-through but with the layering of the garments, the minor problem goes away. The material irons well and lays nicely. It was comfortable to wear and wasn't too hot.
Overall, very pleased!Was this review helpful to you?
- Good costumeBy Current Customer | February 7, 2017Better quality than the traditional one.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very funBy Current Customer | November 21, 2016This costume looks very real, you will love itWas this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | January 17, 2022I loved the outfit although it ran a little smallWas this review helpful to you?
- This was a complete hitBy Toni | December 5, 2021Height 5'8 | Size 4XThis costume fit perfectly. I wore it to a convention and it was a big hit. One person even asked me if it was a real habit. Highly recommend.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 28, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Anonymous | October 25, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 19, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Fits true to sizeBy Cyndi | October 11, 2021Size 6XThe fit is perfect. Quality made. I cant wait till Halloween night.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 8, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 3, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | March 4, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- The NunBy Rach | November 10, 2018This costume is anything but cheap. The quality is amazing and there are a few layers to put on. It's roomy for extra layers of clothes for the cold Halloween nights. I was extremely comfortable and everyone loved my costume! I'm so glad i found a Halloween website that makes costumes for "fluffy" girls!! Thanks again!Was this review helpful to you?
- couldn't use itBy Helena | November 1, 2018headpiece(veil) is too heavy and kept slipping off,so i couldnt wear this costume at all..what a waste of moneyWas this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Hi Helena, Thanks for your input on the Plus Size Deluxe Nun Costume. Our apologies if it did not meet your expectations.
In looking at your order information, it seems that you did not reach out to us for help in resolving your concerns.
For future reference, please contact our customer service department for any issues you might have.
We are very customer friendly and available to attempt to resolve any questions/concerns. Thank you.
- Nun CostumeBy Anonymous | September 9, 2017I love the nun costume. It is a little tight in the top but I can zip it. It hangs well and doesn't look cheap. I can't wait to wear it on Halloween and for the party!Was this review helpful to you?
- Very good for the priceBy Anonymous | October 21, 2016I just wanted to tell you that this is one of the very bet costumes I have bought. The material is nice the it all lays so nicely and it is very comfortable. Thank you for making my night special!Was this review helpful to you?