Plus Size Deluxe Nun Costume
- 100% polyester poplin & jersey knit fabrics
- Poplin dress has back zipper
- Poplin tabard ;has same-fabric ties at back of neck
- Jersey knit collar has same-fabric ties at back of neck
- Balaclava-style jersey knit headcap covers head and neck leaving face exposed
- Veil has white foam front edge band, fastens w/ fabric ties at back of neck
What possessed us to make this high-quality Plus Size Deluxe Nun Costume? Well, when we started this project, we thought it would give us an excuse to make a ton of fun nun puns. But since then, we've kicked the habit!
But seriously: nuns are special people, and even though they may not get enough credit for all of the good they do for others, their distinctive outfits are instantly recognized across the globe. Unfortunately, a religious vocation can be a tough path to follow, so investing in this complete set of vestments might be your best chance to look truly devout--or to recreate your favorite scenes from some classic musicals!
Because there's nothing that looks better in the light of centuries-old stained glass or summertime in the Austrian Alps than austere black and white. We don't know why that is, but it's undeniable. And if a bunch of streakers start showing up at cathedrals and convents, shouting about how they wouldn't have had to go bare if there was a decent nun outfit for sale anywhere, we need our consciences to be clear!
Hey, we're not claiming that wearing a costume like this is an easy way to become a better person: at most, it's just an easy way to let the world see that you're trying. But if you've got a song-and-dance number that calls for a cloister chorus line, you don't have much choice. And we pray that audiences will be merciful when they see that these garments really were made with care!
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- DisappointingBy Anonymous | October 2, 2018Good first: the dress and tabard fit as described and are fairly decent quality - a little scratchy, but strong material. Thank you HalloweenCostumes.com for providing accurate measurements!
The not-so-good: the collar, headcap, and veil are so disappointing I'm not going to use them, and these are the KEY pieces to a nun costume. The collar isn't wide enough to reach my shoulders and doesn't sit flat on my chest. The headcap dimensions are wrong: long and narrow. It doesn't come far enough forward to cover my ears or to my hairline above my forehead and keeps trying to slide off the back of my head, but, oddly, there's a bunch of excess fabric at the top. The veil has a padded wimple-like piece (the white part on the forehead), that is attached slightly crooked with seams so close together the gap between black and white material is visible when the piece is tied on. Also, the white part inside the veil has huge visible stitching at the bottom edge making it look unfinished.
Overall: I'm disappointed enough to take the time to write a detailed review; if I had known these things before purchase I would have kept looking. Since the dress and tabard fit and I don't have quite enough time to find a full replacement I'll keep the costume, but I've purchased the headgear elsewhere.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- PerfectBy Current Customer | September 9, 2016Material is made of good quality, and it's actually the size it should be. I should have actually got what size I needed instead of trying to make sure that it was plus size enough. I've gotten some plus size items from other places that looks sure didn't look to be plus size. Fast delivery. Was kept informed of shipping/delivery via email.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great costume!!By Mymango808 | October 31, 2015Got a million compliments on the quality and look of the habit. Easy and fun to wear.Was this review helpful to you?
- PerfectBy Cynthia | October 12, 2019I tried this on as soon as it arrived. It is true to the size description & is made quite well and of good material. It looks pretty good on & can't wait to wear it to upcoming parties.
The only negative I have is the collar. It is rather short, it does not scoop low over the chest or reach to the shoulders as shown in the picture.
The notifications are fun to receive/watch. I've never seen such a clever way to contact a buyer regarding their order before. Love them!
My order was handled quickly & was received before the expected date.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very HappyBy Anonymous | October 29, 2017I was quite impressed with the quality of the costume. I went as Valak, the nun from The Conjuring 2. The material is slightly see-through but with the layering of the garments, the minor problem goes away. The material irons well and lays nicely. It was comfortable to wear and wasn't too hot.
Overall, very pleased!Was this review helpful to you?
- Good costumeBy Current Customer | February 7, 2017Better quality than the traditional one.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very funBy Current Customer | November 21, 2016This costume looks very real, you will love itWas this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | March 4, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- The NunBy Rach | November 10, 2018This costume is anything but cheap. The quality is amazing and there are a few layers to put on. It's roomy for extra layers of clothes for the cold Halloween nights. I was extremely comfortable and everyone loved my costume! I'm so glad i found a Halloween website that makes costumes for "fluffy" girls!! Thanks again!Was this review helpful to you?
- couldn't use itBy Helena | November 1, 2018headpiece(veil) is too heavy and kept slipping off,so i couldnt wear this costume at all..what a waste of moneyWas this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Hi Helena, Thanks for your input on the Plus Size Deluxe Nun Costume. Our apologies if it did not meet your expectations.
In looking at your order information, it seems that you did not reach out to us for help in resolving your concerns.
For future reference, please contact our customer service department for any issues you might have.
We are very customer friendly and available to attempt to resolve any questions/concerns. Thank you.
- Nun CostumeBy Anonymous | September 9, 2017I love the nun costume. It is a little tight in the top but I can zip it. It hangs well and doesn't look cheap. I can't wait to wear it on Halloween and for the party!Was this review helpful to you?
- Very good for the priceBy Anonymous | October 21, 2016I just wanted to tell you that this is one of the very bet costumes I have bought. The material is nice the it all lays so nicely and it is very comfortable. Thank you for making my night special!Was this review helpful to you?