Plus Size Deluxe Lion Costume
- Pair of Mitts
- Pair of Shoe Covers
- Main body 100% polyester faux fur 55% polyester 45% acrylic
- Fleece bodysuit has back zipper, faux fur collar
- Faux fur hood has ears on top, hook & loop fastener at back of neck
- Mitts have elastic at wrists
- Shoe covers have elastic at ankles & under foot
Pride and Confidence
We can admit it. Sometimes, we just need a little boost in confidence. There are just so many frightening things in the world (especially on Halloween night), that we often find it hard to be brave. But, we came up with a sure-fire method to help us feel confident and courageous, and it involves a little inspiration from the animal kingdom's mighty king!
That's right, we're talking about the ferocious lion! Those giant cats almost never seem to be scared, even when there are tons of other critters on the prowl. And they always patrol their pride with such gusto! So, we did what any reasonable person would do to feel more confident... we asked our team of costume designers to make us like the king of the savannah!
Design & Details
This Plus Size Deluxe Lion Costume is a Made by Us costume created to make you feel, and look, like a lion! The costume starts with a soft, fleece jumpsuit that fits with a zipper along the back. The jumpsuit is a tawny color and it even features a faux fur collar and attached mitts. The attached tail dangles down in the back and even has a tuft of brown fur at the end. The shoe covers fit over most pairs of shoes, so you can wear your most comfortable pair of kicks as you live like a lion! To finish off the whole look, the costume comes with a faux fur hood that has a shaggy lion's mane around it. Just fasten it in back, and you'll be ready to feel like a lion!
The Sleeping Lion
Of course, this costume might look ferocious, but it's also quite comfortable! The soft fleece design makes it a great choice for anyone trying to keep cozy at their next costume party. It might even be comfortable enough for a quick catnap!
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Fit perfectBy Cheryl Brignac | November 2, 2020Height 5”10 | Weight 250# | Size 2XThis costume was awesome!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great value for the price.By Alan Duncan | April 17, 2019I wore the lion costume at a Best and Brightest companies of Houston business awards event from 8-12 am on March 28 2019. I had an exhibitor booth with movie theme and I was the cowardly lion promoting Presentation Skills Training. A big hit. All the girls wanted a photo with me so now I am all over instagram.
The same evening I kept the costume on and I ran a charity auction for Second Chance pets from 6-10 pm. Another triumph. The suit held up well all day.
I was alerted by other reviews to the the lightweight zipper so I was gentle with it. Get an over-sized costume. You will need the room for undergarments and air circulation.. The headgear makes one's head sweat so plan around that! The paws are brilliant. Footgear gripped and worked very well over my sheepskin house slippers. They might slip off your shoes.
I thought this would be a one-day use then get tossed but no! It hangs happily in my closet and I am looking for excuses to wear it again.
In future i will be confident in purchases from this company. Be aware that three day delivery means three business days so make allowances.
The suit and service exceeded my expectations.Was this review helpful to you?
- He’s so happyBy Andrea | April 7, 2021Size 6XHubby has been asking for years for a "onesie". After all. I had one, the children had theirs. I started searching for patterns and this site popped up. WOW. We were so excited to find "fun wear" in our sizes we debated for two hours because we wanted all of them we selected the lion... the shipping was so quick. The packaging was perfect. And the fit, Amazing. Thank you so much. Looking forward to our next purchase.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Did not hold up extremely disappointed.By William Lang Jr | March 19, 2018In reading other reviews that mentioned that it may run small I order this costume one size larger then I needed for a corporate Wizard of OZ themed charity event.
When I first received the item it and inspected it, appeared to be of decent quality, however when I actually put the costume on I noticed that the shoe covers did not fit well, they were too short which did not cover the sides of my shoes and they kept popping off. The biggest disappointment however was that after 30 minutes the zipper came apart at the teeth and could not be fixed. I had to spend the remainder of the event with a bunch of safety pins holding the suit together.
I do realize that this is not a terribly expensive costume but for the money I did expect it to last more then 30 minutes. Unfortunately I can not recommend this costume.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Hi William, I'm so sorry to hear about this costume breaking on you! We certainly don't want that, and after accessing your order in our system it appears we haven't been contacted about the issue. Unfortunately without hearing from the customer we won't know what to fix, so if there are issues in the future I would urge you to reach out to Customer Service. In the meantime I have a resolution for you and will email you with the details regarding that. Again let us know if you ever have problems in the future!
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 26, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 25, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 21, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 17, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 17, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 11, 2021Size 3XFits my husband perfectlyBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 7, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- We needed this!!!!By Andrea | March 20, 2021Size 6XWith all this issues and restrictions in today’s world YOU are just what we needed. James put the costume on and we immediately felt better. I can’t wait to order mine... there are just so many choices.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Perfect... for an orangutanBy BigBryan | October 24, 2019I'm a 3xl 6'3" guy but I wanted to make sure this thing had plenty of room so I got the 5xl. When I tried it on, It fit in the body like a 3xl BUT THE WORST PART was how short the legs were (they only went to my calves) - which is ironic because the arms were very long as if the costume had been designed for an orangutan. The gloves are also poorly designed and can only be worn if you keep your hands balled into a fists. Unfortunate I didn't try the costume on until a couple of days before the party.
This is very disappointing since last year's WHITE RABBIT PLUS SIZE MEN'S COSTUME fit so great.Was this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Jamie | October 15, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | November 19, 2018Weak zipper. The zipper is a very small gauge compared to what I would expect for something that costs what it does.Was this review helpful to you?
- 5x was kinda small and I wear 2-3xBy Dom | November 7, 2018Other than the fact that it was a little small i really liked it, The fur does come off sometimes though so you might want to shake it off.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very nice costume!!By Current Customer | October 13, 2018I really loved the costume!! The only issue I had is the torso part wasn’t tall enough but it still fits just a little tight where the legs meet. Still love the costume and the quality. Thank you very muchWas this review helpful to you?
- Good qualityBy Desiree Harris | June 24, 2017Was surprised at the thickness and quality of the material. However, I initially ordered a Large for my husband according to the measurements they specify and it was too small. We needed a size up. It is a much thicker material than we expected, which is good for what we need it for as it is used often for a stage costume. I suspect we may have to replace the zipper eventually as its not the strongest, but no issues yet and probably not for awhile. Happy with service and shipment of product from Halloween Costumes.com as well.Was this review helpful to you?
- The Cowardly LionBy B | November 2, 2015My husband used this to be the Cowardly Lion from Wizard of Oz. He's 5'7 160 lbs the 2x was really big but he like that it was because it was comfortable on him. They had sold out of smaller sizes and this was the smallest I could get him. It's was a hit people loved this lion costume! I'm very happy with my purchasedWas this review helpful to you?