Men's Vintage Sailor Costume
- Vintage Sailor Men's Costume
- 100% polyester fabrics
- Knit pullover shirt has white yoke, striped sleeves & body
- Pants have side zipper
- Decorative buttons on pants front give the look of a button fly
- Tie triangular bandana as desired
- White sailor cap has blue edge binding
There's nothing like watching Navy sailors disembark for their leave on land, at least that's what we've heard from the old-timers that lived during the age of the Navy. Those sailors who had been at sea spotting nary a mermaid or lady of the lake were always ecstatic to be back on land with access to a variety of people, food, and activities other than swapping the deck. So you can't blame them for their excitement when they got to the city, an excitement that would spread to the civilians, making everyone pumped for Fleet Week when sailors in uniform would swarm the city to see all the popular sights.
It must have been pretty awesome to work as a sailor in the 1930's when the tradition of Fleet Week began. A Nebraska farm boy who's never been out of the county and all of the sudden is sailing on the ocean with men from all over the country, visiting ports that he had only seen in black and white talkies, and eating SPAM... so much SPAM. That iconic uniform was instantly recognizable when they showed up in the big city, causing instant respect and heartthrobs to crop up where ever they tread in the city streets. Now wonder why we're always trying to copy that look!
If you want to have that nostalgic feeling then this costume will bring you back to those days of oceanic voyages. This ensemble has the bright white high-waisted pants, the jaunty cap, and navy blues of the classic uniform with a sense of Hollywood flair. While we might miss the era of Fleet week, there's no reason to leave those dress whites behind so pull in the anchor and fasten your ascot, it's time to see the world!
|Small||Pants Waist||32 1/2"||83cm|
|Small||Pants Outseam||46 1/2"||118cm|
|Medium||Pants Outseam||46 1/2"||118cm|
|Large||Pants Waist||39 1/2"||100cm|
|Large||Pants Outseam||46 1/2"||118cm|
|X-Large||Pants Waist||43 1/4"||110cm|
|X-Large||Pants Outseam||46 1/2"||118cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- The pants are too bigBy Anonymous | December 8, 2017When I saw this costume, I really liked how it looked on the model. I’m 5’7, in shape with slim build. The shirt fits perfectly, but it doesn’t really stretch and of course you can see every details on your body, so you must be in shape for a costume like this. But the pants are horrible, way too big and long. And slightly big on the waste. You need to be taller than 5’7 and slim to fit into this costume. The costume details are nice, but wish the pants weren’t too big.Was this review helpful to you?