Colonial Girl Costume for Kids
- 100% polyester calico & chiffon fabrics
- Calico dress has back zipper
- Dress has wide hemline ruffle, eyelet edging at square neckline
- Chiffon hat has elastic in gathered edge, eyelet trim
- Tie triangular chiffon scarf as desired
- Chiffon apron has same-fabric waist ties
Nowadays you can order a burrito to your living room by pulling the computer out of your pocket and giving a delivery app your address. In stark contrast, getting by in Colonial times was much more difficult. But those brave settlers did what they had to to make new, promising lives for themselves and their kin. If you have a daughter who admires this period of American history, this Colonial Girl Costume for Kids is her chance to assume the role of a pioneer girl!
Design & Details
Your daughter will be ready to tackle the 18th century and all its hardships in this modest and fun Kid’s Colonial Girl Costume. A full ensemble, it comes with the dress, apron, bonnet, and the scarf! The calico dress has a back zipper and the dress has a wide hemline ruffle. Best yet, it’s one of our Made By Us exclusives, so you can sleep well after a hard day’s work knowing that this costume was made in-house with love and care. In it, your little one will be ready to play Pilgrim in no time.
You Deserve a Break
While many of us have the luxury of sleeping a few hours after the sun comes up, a typical colonist’s day started long before the sun came up. And while we can toss a tasty pastry into the toaster and have breakfast minutes after we wake up, back then you had to do the hard work of milking the cow, building the fire, making bread dough from scratch, collecting eggs (if they were laid), and on and on. Imagine all those dishes, with no dishwasher! And just imagine: that’s when the real work began. Baking, cleaning, sewing, cultivating the garden, helping to raise the children, more farming. We’re exhausted just thinking about it, and the toughest thing we did today was sit in rush hour traffic on our way to the office! How they managed, while maintaining such a unique style, is simply amazing.
|Small||Dress Length||38 1/2"||98cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- So Excited!By Current Customer | October 6, 2020I always think it is risky to order something from a company that I find from a Facebook ad. I risked it and I am so glad! It came very quickly and is exactly what we wanted. The material is polyester, so not super comfortable if she had to wear it all the time, but for a costume and the random times they will be able to use it for dress up it is perfect. She wanted to be Felicity from the American Girl Doll Collection, but she is also 6 so she has been known to change her mind on costumes last minute. I didn't want to spend a fortune on a costume and then I found this one. It is not expensive, but will hold up to trick or treating and going to school for her party, plus more playing. I ordered a size larger on purpose, so that my older daughter could also wear it when they play. I can easily pin it up for the younger one.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...We're so glad that you found a Colonial Girl costume that will work for your daughter and she looks cute as a button, too! Thank you so much for sharing the picture, your feedback, and your story. :)