Kids Royal Guard Costume
- 100% polyester
- Coat has front center functional buttons
- Pants have fitted front w/ elastic waistband at back
- Faux leather belt has metal buckle in front elastic band at back
- Faux fur hat features gold braid chin strap
- Exclusively made by us!
How long can your child stand still? Do you think he could handle standing alert for four hours? How about four hours in the sun under layers of wool and while wearing a bearskin cap? No, you say? Makes sense, even the soldiers that were trained to stand at attention at the last royal wedding had to be trained to "faint to attention". Something that involves falling directly on your face when succumbing to the strain of balancing an entire bearskin on your head on a summer's day.
Yep, the Royal Guard has to deal with more than tourists trying to make them laugh outside of the Windsor Palace. Their uniforms are actually quite complicated. The seemingly simple red jackets and black trousers actually have eleven layers of fabric to prevent the wearer from sweating onto the pristine surface of the striking uniform. Forget how to march and salute, simply standing in the uniform requires a huge amount of concentration. The iconic black hat of the guard is 18 inches tall and weighs one and a half pounds, which doesn't seem like much until you're balancing it on your head for a couple hours. So, if your kiddo thinks he could stand guard or even if he could use a lesson in standing still for a few minutes, this uniform will be all the inspiration he needs.
Your disciplined kid will look sharp in the red jacket with gold and white detailing. Since he's only a soldier in training we left the actual bearskin behind. Our hats are much lighter, more breathable, and friendly to bears compared to the original. Whether he's planning on marching door to door Halloween night or he has an interesting outfit planned for your family trip to London, he'll look so official that he might just convince the queen to finally hire a few child guards.
|X-Small||Pants Waist||19" - 27"||48cm - 69cm|
|Small||Pants Waist||22" - 29"||56cm - 74cm|
|Medium||Pants Waist||24" - 31"||61cm - 79cm|
|Medium||Pants Outseam||32 1/2"||83cm|
|Large||Pants Waist||25" - 33"||64cm - 84cm|
|X-Large||Jacket Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|X-Large||Pants Waist||27" - 35"||69cm - 89cm|
|X-Large||Pants Outseam||41 1/2"||105cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- sizing runs smallBy Anonymous | October 25, 2022we ordered two sizes for my 8 year old son (small and medium). The medium fits perfectly which is sized for 10-12. he is on the tall size and lean. The hat is a bit itchy but the costume looks great, even without the hat.Was this review helpful to you?
- Went with our themeBy Elizabeth | October 11, 2022Size X-LargeThis costume was great! I am going to be Queen Elizabeth and my son is going to be a guard. Everything was perfect except the belt was too small. They offered me a discount which was great! I have bought costumes from this company a few times and the customer service is always great! Thank you!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Exactly what my son was looking forBy Kathryn | October 11, 2022Size LargeGreat quality, exactly what my son wanted. Fit as expected. My son is 11, we ordered a size large (I believe a size 14) he normally wears a 10-12 but his legs are long so I wanted to make sure he had enough room, also we live in the north so we needed room for extra pants underneath if Halloween night is cold.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | February 14, 2022Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Kelly | November 1, 2021Size MediumThe costume fit my 12 year old son perfectly and was a good quality.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 1, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | November 19, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Great costume!By Current Customer | November 15, 2018What a showstopper! It didnt look cheesy and my son got so many compliments on Halloween night! Timely shipping too. This was our second Halloween order, and we will choose you again!Was this review helpful to you?