Safari Hunter Costume for Men
- Pair of Gloves
- Safari Hunter Men's Costume
- 100% polyester
- Vest has buttons at center front
- Vest has gusseted pockets w/ buttoned flaps
- Jodhpur-style pants have elastic waistband and extreme boot cut hem
- Satin ascot can be tied as desired
- Faux leather belt has metal buckle
- Faux leather gloves have wide, flared cuffs
- Plastic goggles have smoke-gray lenses, elastic band around back of head
- Pith helmet has inner hook & loop fastener size-adjustment band
- NOTE: pants hem runs small and has little to no stretch
Have you ever sat at your desk and wondered what you're missing out in the world? There are some nutty things out there in the world. There's the pyramids, the great wall of China, and that taco stand in Minneapolis (Yes, they're open through the frigid winter and yes, eating a carne asada taco with mittens on is a unique challenge). Thinking about all that exploring to do can be overwhelming, we've covered all these man-made wonders and we haven't even mentioned any of those natural marvels out there!
It's a blessing and a curse that we just don't travel like we used to. People used to wander around for a year or two before settling down to a career, that is, well-moneyed people used to wander for years. In the early 1900's people from Europe started heading to the plains of Africa to see the natural wonders, stalk the natural wonders, and eventually have the natural wonders stuffed and mounted on the wall of their study. That rare white rhino Sir Walter took out of the fragile gene pool would be the ultimate symbol of wealth in his cheetah skin upholstered cigar room! Men wandered the Serengeti in cars piled to the brim with canvas tents, full-sized rugs, lanterns, silverware and china, and of course all the fixing for a gin and tonic. Who ever said glamping was a new fad?
If you have a hankering for a combination of old-school luxury and wild sightseeing then this safari Hunter costume might put you in touch with your inner high-class explorer. This khaki ensemble with its comical yet historically accurate pants will put fear into the heart of anyone dressed as the cowardly lion at your next costumed event. With the gloves, helmet, and goggles you'll be ready not only to see the world but to stalk it, bag it, and mount it in your study as well!
|Medium||Pants Waist||30" - 39"||76cm - 99cm|
|Large||Pants Waist||34" - 43"||86cm - 109cm|
|X-Large||Pants Waist||40" - 49"||102cm - 124cm|
|X-Large||Pants Length||44 1/2"||113cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Very bad fitting pants and beltBy Anna | November 17, 2019I received this costume right before I was going to wear it. This went very bad, as the pants were not at all strecthable and impossible to pull above the leg. I was very thorough on the measuring, and it both seemed to fit my waist and length. But that helps little when it's super skinny around the leg. Consequently, I had to wear another pair of pants.
For the belt, I had to make a new hole to make it fit. And it couldn't deal with a lot of preasure before tearing, although it is obviously supposed to be pretty tight.
The vest and hat was good, but not good enough when the rest is unfunctional. Hence, I give it 1 out of 5 stars.Was this review helpful to you?
- Looks great...except...By FCP3 | October 25, 2019I'm 6'0", 185 lbs, and ordered the Medium. The vest is a little snug as I typically wear a 43-44 suit jacket, so I just leave the top button undone. The pants fit well (I wear 33), but the bottom holes are very narrow and had to be cut on the side seams to even get them on over my foot/heel. The belt is way too small and flimsy, so I just used my regular brown leather belt. The ascot is a nice touch and the gloves fit well as I'd say my hands are on the bigger/longer side. The goggles aren't very comfortable (hard plastic on the bridge of your nose), but they look cool.
My biggest problem is with the pith helmet...it's somewhat flimsy and the decorative band around the outside of the crown was glued on backwards. I'll probably order the ADULT DELUXE KHAKI PITH HAT as it looks to be better shape and quality.
I also ordered the Medium Adult Brown Costume Boots (I usually wear 11-12) which fit fine and definitely complete the outfit.Was this review helpful to you?
- Pretty nice qualityBy Current Customer | October 16, 2019Vest has actual pockets for things like phone and ID/credit cards
Safari hat has an adjustable strap inside to fit to your head size
Gloves fit pretty well
Pants have elastic at the waist and look cool with the flared sides
Only issue I had was below the knee area. The Large size is what I ordered and it did not fit around my calves. It is painfully tight. I will probably have to cut that area off as I doubt there is enough fabric to just let out the seam.
Thankfully I ordered a set of co-play boots that almost match the gloves and belt that will cover up the cut off area.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018Great value. Costume was well made and looked authentic!Was this review helpful to you?