Dark Knight Authentic Batman Costume
- Chest Piece
- Pair of Gloves
- Pair of Boot Covers
- Dark Knight Authentic Batman Costume
- 87% nylon, 13% spandex stretch knit shirt & pants; 100% polyester satin cape
- All armor pieces made of molded latex
- Officially licensed
- Long-sleeved pullover shirt
- Pants have elastic waistband, fully enclosed feet
- Chest armor is molded for muscle definition, fastens w/ ties at center back
- Chaps have cord ties at waist and around thighs
- Belt has Batman symbol at front, cord ties around back
- Boot covers have open bottoms
- Elbow length gloves have classic Batman spikes on sides
- Whole-head mask covers upper face; slit at back for access
- Satin cape fastens w/ button at neck; dowels slide into lower front edges for stiffness
Bruce Wayne used to fight crime wearing a black ski-mask and some mountain climbing gear he had lying around. All it took was a few mishaps around Gotham City for him to realize that he needed a better way to fight crime--not only something that could withstand the strains of combat with thugs, but something that would strike terror into the hearts of criminals all throughout the city. The Batsuit was born. We're just glad that this Dark Knight decided to do something other than a set of flashy spandex, like some other heroes do. Batman went with black full body armor, which we have to say, is much better looking than that whole underwear-on-the-outside look (we're looking at you Superman). This costume replicates the look seen in the Christopher Nolan Dark Knight movies, so you can fight crime in something other than a ski-mask that makes you look like one of the criminals you're trying to stop, and spandex, which makes you look like you're off to do some jazzercising at the gym.
|Medium||Waist||28" - 40"||71cm - 102cm|
|Large||Waist||30" - 40"||76cm - 102cm|
|X-Large||Waist||30" - 48"||76cm - 122cm|
Questions & Answers
There are no questions for this item yet. Be the first to ask a question!
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | September 5, 2020Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 10, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | September 22, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Best one yetBy Current Customer | November 3, 2020Size X-LargeGreat costume - very realistic, but you can do a better job with the ties that it comes with - they're just not long enough to tie easily. We will end up modifying that part on our own next year. It would be better if the under garment was washable. Everything else about the costume is great.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...We're so glad that this Batman Costume could make your Halloween special! Thanks for leaving a detailed review!
- Not worth the $500By Anonymous | October 19, 2020Size X-LargeOkay so the entire suit is made of latex.
-The mask will need to be packed inside in order to regain its shape. The two Velcro pieces are very flimsy and will need to be reinforced by adding a vertical strand of Velcro for best fit results.
-the chest piece will also need to be altered with improved back straps either thicker Velcro or punch out holes in the back to insert shoe laces to use as ties for the best fit results. Really adhere to their chest sizing guidelines because if you workout or have broad shoulders then don’t shy away from the XL sizing.
-the cape is awesome! Satin sheen and heavy! Premium shop on the cape.
-the gauntlets... and here’s where things get sad. They’re bulky, not impressive and look as if you could fit whole bratwurst sausages into them. The entire glove is made of latex out of a single mold. Impressive but not suited for universal fitting. I needed to find something else or commit to fumbling my party plates and drinks at events.
- the chaps... mine were missing tie strands and the latex molding was very subpar. Excess latex around the edges coincided with the bad molding technique for this piece. They are wrap around pieces that go on like Ancient Greek armor. Not impressed.
- the belt... also made of latex molding. Bad latex molding. I guess I was expecting something better than this for $550. The bat insignia is barley recognizable and something that actually served as a belt would have been nice. I had to buy my own belt to better the look of the outfit.
- the boot covers are also not well made. They used premium materials but not premium molding to make them and they do not resemble anything close to Batman boots. Not impressive.
- the pants and shirt are similar to morph suits and really there’s nothing to complain about other than I’ve ordered better feeling morph suits from other places.
Overall. The suit fits like a 200 suit that pand handlers save up to wear on Hollywood Blvd to make a buck in a photo op. For the $500 price tag I had very high expectations that were only partially filled. I shouldn’t have to make fit improving alterations to improve the quality of the straps holding everything together. And while premium latex was used for a majority of the suit it just doesn’t come together well and too many separate additions needed to be made in order to be satisfied with the finished look. I’ve bought better quality and better pieces for far less. I wouldn’t buy it again for 500 as it’s not ready to use when you get it and I just wasn’t satisfied overall with the provided look. 2 stars because it doesn’t meet a top quality $500 look right out of the box. Perhaps it would be better if a customized option was available.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Thank you for the detailed review of this Batman costume! It sounds like this is going to work for you, but you felt a little let down by some of the details. Feel free to reach out to our customer service and let them know. We love feedback so that we can make our costume selection the best it can be!
- An almost excellent costume... But....By Anonymous | October 3, 2020Height 5'6" | Weight 145 | Size MediumThe look of the suit is quite authentic, but if you are a smaller built guy as I am, without any natural muscular definition to the chest and shoulders, you will need to 'fill out' the pecs and shoulders in order to have enough proper form to the torso. I balled up pieces of T-shirts and duct taped them to the inside of the chest piece. For the price of it, I shouldn't need to do that. My belief is that the included black shirt should have padded foam sewn to it to give the chest and shoulders the right contour and look. The cape is outstanding, one of the best I've seen for a costume. The leg pieces are tricky to get right. They tie in place over the included pants and you might need to do it a couple times before you get it right. would be better if the rubber pieces were sewn to the pants as I thought they would be. The boot tops are dreadful, as always with most costumes. Better off getting some actual boots. The cowl also needs some filler in the top of the head and bat ears to look right. If you have a big head you will probably be ok, but if it's average like mine, you will have work to do. I used T shirt pieces and duct tape to fill out the cowl. It was also slightly misshapen because of shipping flat. The gauntlets are excellent, though a bit thick so it will be tough grasping and picking up things with them. I would say that due to the unfinished nature of the costume, it might warrant a price of $175-$225, not the outrageous $450-$550 asking price here and elsewhere. At that price I expect my costume to be truly complete and ready to wear without any extra effort from me. I would recommend this costume, but only if you are ok with working a bit to make it look right.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Thanks so much for your detailed review of the Dark Knight Batman costume! We're thrilled to hear you love the Batman cape and we will take your critiques to improve things down the line.