Geisha costumes are classic for Halloween and will again be popular costumes for 2011. The Geisha Girl look traditionally includes a Japanese kimono, dark wig with hair pulled back, and very distinct white makeup. Our HalloweenCostumes.com makeup expert has put together an easy tutorial on how to look like a Geisha girl:
You will need: white cream makeup, red and black makeup crayons, pink cream blush, and standard nylon makeup brushes. We used this Geisha makeup kit
Step One: Foundation
Apply white cream foundation with flat nylon brush. Use long strokes in one direction to cover entire face. Finish with white powder to set the makeup.
Step Two: Lips
Define lips using the red makeup crayon.
- First, outline your lips. Be sure to emphasize the peaks at the top of your lips.
- Once lips are traced, fill in rest of lips with red crayon.
Step Three: Eyes
Create dramatic eyes with the makeup crayons and white cream base.
- Using black makeup crayon, draw a line that extends from inside of nose, across the eye just above crease, all the way to the temple.
- Fill in eyelid below this line with black crayon.
- Draw a thick black line below the eye, just under lash line.
- Use red makeup crayon underneath the black line.
- Apply white cream makeup between the crease and brow.
- Use black makeup crayon once again to darken the eyebrow, making sure to exaggerate the arch.
Step Four: Cheeks
Apply pink cream blush to cheeks.
- Use fingers to softly tap blush onto cheekbones.
- Gently rub blush to blend for a soft look.
Step Five: Complete the Look
Use nylon brush to apply white cream makeup to ears, neck, and chest.
You can find your Geisha Costume at HalloweenCostumes.com