Royal Guard Uniform Costume
- Oversized item. Surcharges may apply. Details
Surcharge for Oversized Products
Due to the size and weight of some products, an additional surcharge is applied when these products are shipped.
The additional handling fee is added to your shipping charges upon checkout.
The Changing of the Guard
The Queen must always be protected. Everyday at Buckingham palace the Guard all preform a ceremonial "Guard Mounting". This is when the new guard regiment takes over for the old regiment, becoming the Queen's guard. This ceremony is open to the public.
And while the Guardsmen take place in this ceremony they are not actors playing a part. They are highly trained soldiers. And they will protect the Queen, and England. They are men who have trained their whole lives to be able to protect their Monarch. They have learned to be silent, and patient. Waiting for any threat to make it's self known.
This year you can take part in the Changing of the Guard. In this Royal Guard Uniform Costume you will be tasked with keeping the Queen, and the Monarchy safe from those who would wish to do them harm. You will be stationed in front of the gates to Buckingham Palace. Tourists will try to make you move, they will wave their hands in front of your face, and make you smile. You will remain still, and silent. Until they try to touch you or knock off your faux bearskin hat that is. Then you can give them a glimpse of your training. Pick up a sword, and toy gun to get the full effect. Let those tourists feel what it would be like if they tried to mess with the Queen.
God Save the Queen!
- Red jacket has black velvet cuffs, collar & epaulets w/ metallic gold ribbon
- 100% polyester poplin, velvet & velour
- Gold buttons on the jacket snap together
- White vinyl belt sewn to waistline w/ gold ribbon loops; gold-tone metal buckle
- Center front Velcro strip fastener behind decorative studs
- Black pants have elastic waist, gold ribbon down each side seam
- Black velour "bearskin" hat
|Medium||Waist||26" - 36"||66cm - 91cm|
|Large||Waist||26" - 36"||66cm - 91cm|
|X-Large||Waist||30" - 42"||76cm - 107cm|
|X-Large||Pant Length||46 1/2"||118cm|
|2X||Waist||50" - 60"||127cm - 152cm|
There are many issues with this costume:
1) The hat is weak and does not stay up or look like the photo what-so-ever. The hat is flat from the side. Problem is that the hat makes this costume and the Hat is the WORST part of the costume.
2) The jacket has a plastic white belt that is weak and flaps over.
3) The shoulder and wrist decorations are barely sewn on and flop.
4) The pants are okay.
- the gold buttons fall off very easily and have to be reglued.
- The belt does not have a strap to contain the extra length on the belt.
- The chain on the hat is extremely small and I had to get a new one to fit my face.
- The hat itself had to be worked on, as it was flat and pointed, not rounded at the top.