Women's Princess Little Deer Native American Costume
- This product has restrictions that limit the countries that we can ship to. This product cannot be shipped to Australia
The deer is more than just a cute critter that occasionally eats from the apple tree in your backyard. Deer, especially female ones, have long been part of myth and religion all around the world. For example, the ancient Egyptians believed in Satet, the deer-headed goddess of the hunt. In Hindu mythology the goddess Saraswati took the form of a deer as well. And and did you know that all of Santa’s reindeer were lady deer also? Only they keep their antlers after November!
The Native Americans had a tradition of female deer in mythology too. Several eastern woodlands and central plains tribes told legends of the Deer Woman, a spirit whose behavior ranged anywhere from benign to indifferent to downright terrifying. Isn’t it strange how so many cultures would pick the deer for their legends and lore, all independently of one another?
Our little deer costume is inspired by Native American fashion and pays homage to one of the world’s most influential animals. Featuring fringes and geometric bead patterns, the intricate ensemble is certain to impress either on stage or at a party. The headband sports a single indigo feather, but don’t worry -- just as no deer were hurt, no birds were plucked in the making of this dress either. The Little Deer costume is so charming people are sure to “fawn” over you while you’re wearing it!
- 100% polyester faux suede fabric
- Short-sleeved V-neck pullover dress has fringed hemlines
- Sleeves, hemline and yoke have bands of geometric print
- Belt has fabric waist ties; appliqued ribbon on front looks like corset lacing
- Headband is patterned ribbon with elastic at back and attached feather
- Headband w/ Feather
There are no reviews for this item yet. Be the first to write a review!