Women's Prairie Pioneer Costume
- Dress top: 98% polyester, 2% cotton, bottom: 100% polyester calico & broadcloth
- Dress has back zipper
- One-piece dress styled to look like blouse & skirt
- Blouse portion is white broadcloth w/ satin ribbon tie at neckline
- Calico-print skirt has ruffled hemline
- White broadcloth apron has ruffled hem, same-fabric waist ties
- Calico bonnet is same fabric as skirt, has ribbon chin ties
- Exclusively, made by us!
Home, Home On the Plains
The plains might have been where the deer and the antelope roamed. And yeah, sure you might not have heard a discouraging word very often. But that doesn't change the fact that life in the prairie was crazy challenging. The land was ripe for planting once you plowed up the sod. But then you had to hope that a mob of grasshoppers wouldn't fly through eating everything in their path including the clothes hanging from the clothesline, the clothesline, and very curtains on your windows. And if it wasn't a year when locusts were popular you could worry about crazy fast wildfires, drought, and well water contamination. You probably know the drill if you've ever played Oregon Trail. But even though life on the plains was so hard, people still did it! And they managed to stay looking perfectly sweet while doing so!
Product Details & Design
This Made-By-Us costume has little details that'll make you stand out from all the other pioneers. Our designers researched historical costumes and took aspects such as the curved collar and the crisp ruffle down the front. The subtly puffed sleeves, the ruffled apron, and softly flowered skirt all come together to make you feel right at home on the prairie. With high-quality seams and a zipper up the back, this is a look that you'll be able to wear again and again! Want to include the whole family? We have pioneer costumes for every age range and size.
Don't Be a Prairie Chicken
If you love the great plains, don't hold back! Show your love right on your sleeve. Lucky for you, you can wear this outfit without having to live in a sod house. Since it's perfect for school projects, town festivals, and plays you'll be happy to have this look in your costume collection. Now, if only you could get ahold of a pet buffalo to finish your look. . .
|X-Small||Sleeve Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|X-Small||Dress Length||51 1/2"||131cm|
|Small||Sleeve Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|Medium||Sleeve Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|Large||Dress Length||53 1/2"||136cm|
|X-Large||Sleeve Length||26 1/4"||67cm|
|X-Large||Dress Length||53 1/2"||136cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | February 19, 2022Size X-LargeDress runs small across shoulders & chest. Next size up works fine. Exchange was speedy and customer service was most helpful. I will be ordering in the futureBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 23, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 20, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Too tight.By Pamela | July 22, 2021Size SmallI am a true small but the bodice was too tight throughout the chest and the waist rode too high. If I reordered a medium, the arms would need altering.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Women's Prairie Pioneer CostumeBy Motherof5 | March 23, 2019A nice costume, very pretty. The only thing we didn't like was that the material was not breathable and so my daughter was sweating the entire time she wore it. Otherwise, it was great!Was this review helpful to you?
- Runs a little smallBy Current Customer | March 15, 2019Costume ok but had to return because too small. Didn’t want to pay for shipping another one that might not fit either.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Nana | February 26, 2019GreatWas this review helpful to you?