Car Hop Women's Costume
- Women's Car Hop Costume
- 100% polyester
- Dress has buttons at bodice front
- Zipper in right side seam
- Apron has ruffled edge, self-fabric waist ties
- Hat has turned-up cuff
Have you ever pulled up to a drive-through, got your burger, and wondered where all the charm of diner eating got off to? Sure, that burger is greasy and delicious. That amazing combination of French fries and ice cream is still amazing. But wouldn't it be great to be surrounded by guys with slicked-back hair and girls in sweater sets while you're chowing down on a red vinyl bar stool.
Most people haven't encountered that true diner experience. Those original diners had the red vinyl seating, chrome trim on the tables and counter, and of course a soda bar. It was a place to meet whoever you were going steady with or somewhere to gossip with your bestie, Betty Sue, choosing tunes off the jukebox. Then things started to get even more exciting when people started bringing those weekend drives to the diner and the drive in was born. So much more exciting than the sad drive-throughs of today, the drive in served all the classics but on a tray that would hook onto your open window. It didn't make for the neatest eating but everyone was in the same boat, or car, whatever.
The car hop was one of the coolest jobs a teen could get in the 50s. These waiters and waitresses brought out the goods to the waiting cars, sometimes on roller skates to make service faster. We can't claim that the uniform was the reason, but it had to factor in somewhere there. This ensemble has the classic red and white striped pattern with a crisp white apron, collar, and of course that sassy hat. Pair this with a pair of bobby socks and you're ready for your school's rendition of Bye Bye Birdie or maybe you'll start your own soda shop! Go for it, about time the world starts taking their fast food slow again.
|Medium||Dress Length||37 1/2"||95cm|
|X-Large||Dress Length||38 1/2"||98cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- A little tightBy Kevin | November 16, 2018I realize this costume is made for a woman. I bought two. A large was too tight and it ripped when I tried to take it off. So I got an extra large. Even with an extra large, it still restricted my movements. I couldn't raise my arms past the top of my head. It would be helpful if the apron that came with it actually had pockets. I had to buy a separate one to complete my outfit as I am a server for a chain restaurant. The hat wouldn't stay on my head so I didn't wear it. I ended up donating both hats from both costumes, as well as the aprons, to a thrift store.Was this review helpful to you?
- Cute costumeBy NicoleBunch | September 14, 2020Size SmallI love this costume but it runs really small. My advice is size up from the size you normally wear in adults.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | December 5, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 28, 2018Runs a little small. XL=12Was this review helpful to you?
- cute but runs smallBy MojoMom | October 24, 2018This is a well made costume with cute details. I am wearing it as Stacy from Fast times at Ridgemont High to match my hubbies Spicoli. The apron seals the deal. I added a red bow tie. Be careful with the sizing. My measures are bust 39.5, waist 35 and I have thin upper arms. I ordered the large and it just fits in the chest. fast shipping too!Was this review helpful to you?