Southern Belle Kids Costume
- Southern Belle Kids Costume
- 100% polyester tricot, knit mesh & satin fabrics
- Neckline & off-the-shoulder sleeves are edged w/ elastic
- White tricot bodice edged w/ ruffled white mesh & green ribbon
- Green tricot sash sewn to sides of elastic waist; ties in the back
- Skirt has satin base layer, 2 tiers of ribbon-edged ruffled knit mesh
- 2 built in hoops for extra volume
- Yellow picture frame hat has wire in brim for shape
- Also available in adult & plus sizes
You’re not sure what’s gotten into your little girl lately. All she’s been asking for is grits and sweet tea for breakfast, and she moves her rocking chair from room to room, just sitting and fanning herself, pretending she’s out on a porch, surveying the townspeople as they go about their business.
Sounds like you have a real Southern sweetie on your hands. Never mind that you live in Michigan and it’s already snowing there. If your gal wants to bake a pie and practice good posture, you’re not going to stop her, are you? It’s safe to say, then, that your little lady will sweeten like a peach at the sight of this Southern Belle Kids Costume.
Any little girl who loves to get pretty and all dressed up will love wearing this costume, but your girl, in particular, will look wistfully at the ruffled layers and emerald trim of this gorgeous gown. It has not one but two built in hoops for extra volume that really says “society girl” and the large hat ties under the chin to complete the whole dainty costume. She may be about five states away from where she feels she truly belongs, but in this elegant ensemble, your girl can feel the hot muggy air of her heart’s homeland blowing through the breezes. Pick her up a delicate fan and a few jugs of sweet tea--once summer comes, you’ll know exactly where to find her, rocking away in the sun!
|Small (4-6)||Waist||18" - 21"||46cm - 53cm|
|Small (4-6)||Dress Length||36"||91cm|
|Medium (8-10)||Waist||22" - 25"||56cm - 64cm|
|Medium (8-10)||Dress Length||41"||104cm|
|Large (12-14)||Waist||23" - 26"||58cm - 66cm|
|Large (12-14)||Dress Length||42"||107cm|
|X-Large (14-16)||Waist||24" - 27"||61cm - 69cm|
|X-Large (14-16)||Dress Length||51"||130cm|
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Beyond Adorable!!By Twyla | November 4, 2013My 5 year old wore this as Scarlett O'Hara to a fancy dress ball at school. She looked amazing and all the mothers and teachers said she looked gorgeous. From the moment we took it out of the box she wouldn't stop putting it on and doing 'princess at the ball' poses in the mirror. We eventually had to hide it in different places as she kept putting it back on.
Beautiful quality material and beautiful shape for such a great price. I was very impressed! We are going to keep buying from HC due to how happy i am with all our purchases thus far.
Great material!Was this review helpful to you?
- pretty costumeBy Margaret B Ross | June 29, 2016This costume is so pretty. It's a little bit itchy, though. Overall a very nice costumeWas this review helpful to you?
- Beautiful and funBy Anonymous | October 13, 2019My daughter wants to be "Scarlett O'Hara" for Halloween this year. An online search revealed several much more expensive options but this one was intriguing because it looked great in the pictures but was far less expensive than other options we saw. We just received it today and my 8-year old loves it!!! For an incredibly low price, this is such an adorable and fun Halloween costume! As soon as she put it on, she couldn't stop twirling and curtseying and posing in the mirror. To address some of the critical reviews: Is it a high-quality dress and hat? No. Will it last longer than 1-2 wears? We'll see. But. It's a Halloween costume, people. Not a priceless heirloom meant to pass down for generations. And the price reflects that. Does it meet my daughter's expectations for a fun costume? 100% yes! I will agree with the other reviewers that it runs small. My daughter is 4'-0" and 53 lbs and the M (8-10) fits her perfectly. She normally is a size 7-8.. The length is just right - about an inch or two above the floor - if it were any longer she would have difficulty walking. It is lightweight which is great for mobility but as other reviewers mentioned, the skirt is see-through. I will be ordering a slip plus some white leggings. They get to wear costumes to school and the dress is hard to sit down in due to the hoop underskirt - we are thinking that if she has leggings on that will provide a backup plan in case she needs to hike the skirt up :-) She normally wears shorts under dresses anyway. We also ordered a lace fan and some lace gloves from another online site. Can't wait for Halloween!Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | February 12, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- horribleBy Anonymous | September 19, 2018My daughter was so excited to receive this costume. But it came looking nothing like the picture. Aside from bing extremely wrinkled (I was willing to work with that) it was VERY short. Probably a foot too short for my 10 y/o. And the "hat" was ridiculous. Nylon over a pice of wire. Even after bending and reshaping, it just couldn't work. Definite disappointment!Was this review helpful to you?
- Kind of ugly costumeBy Current Customer | January 21, 2018Seems very different from the picture of the site. Came very crumpled and seems to be not ironed-able. The skirts are transparent. Unfortunately, I have to send it back - me daughter didn't like it at all.Was this review helpful to you?
- Bad Idea!By Anonymous | November 8, 2017It was terrible quality.The dress has plasticy, and very see- through. The hat was nothing like the pic, and was flat and stiff. I would not recommend this product to anyone.Was this review helpful to you?
- Cute, but lightweight & runs smallBy Anonymous | October 31, 2017My daughter bought this to be "Elizabeth Bennett" from Pride & Prejudice :) She's a thin, average height 9 year old - most size 8/10 pants are too big in the waist but just right in the length.
We ordered size M -- and it was very small. The sleeves on this costume were so tight they bit into her arms - i needed to snip the elastic to make them more comfortable (she does not have large upper arms at all). The hoop skirts ended at about her shins and the sash was above her bellybutton - much more like an empire waist on her.
The material was a little delicate - I think it will make it through one Halloween, but it's not one that will last long term, just FYI.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Kathy storer | June 30, 2015Beautiful, sweet I love it my daughter totally loves itWas this review helpful to you?