Historical CostumesMORE FROM THIS CATEGORY:
Southern / Victorian Costumes
Southern Belle Costume
"Oh hello darling, would you be so kind as to shield my fair skin from the sun's rays with my parasol?"
There is something about a Southern belle...the voice that melts like butter on a hot Savannah day; the way they never sweat, no matter how the sun beats down on them; the way they make iced tea taste like something that came from Wonka’s factory. We’re envious. We could likely learn a thing (or 12) from Southern gals, and if you feel like you could, too, then this Southern Belle Costume will turn you into a dainty lady faster than you can say fried green tomatahs. Couldn’t we all use a little more refinement in our lives? Kids wear sweatpants to school nowadays and folks sport exercise clothes on airplanes; we’ve fallen out of touch with that special something that strives for delicacy, grace, and elegance. Remember parasols? Let’s bring them back!
We can see you’re on board, and we think that’s because you’re already busy envisioning yourself in this three-tiered dress. This exquisite ensemble includes both the dress and hat, welcoming you into it with a bit of Southern hospitality. Now that you’ve got the look down, you'll have to do the work on actually playing the part of a true lady of the South. Pick up a parasol and work on your drawl and watch your world (and tea) get a whole lot sweeter!
- 100% polyester tricot, knit mesh & satin fabrics
- Neckline & off-the-shoulder sleeves are edged w/ elastic
- White tricot bodice edged w/ ruffled white mesh & green ribbon
- Skirt has satin base layer, 3 tiers of ribbon-edged ruffled knit mesh
- 2 built in hoops for extra volume
- Green tricot sash sewn to sides of elastic waist; ties in the back
- Yellow picture frame hat has wire in brim for shape
- NOTE: The skirt is actually shorter than pictured (around the knees)
Monster Responds...We have updated the measurements so they more accurately reflect the size of the costume. Thank you for your feedback.