HalloweenCostumes.com is seeking an individual to join our team as a Shipping Manager. The Shipping Manager is responsible for ensuring customers receive the correct order and on time.
- Forecast daily order amounts for scheduling purposes and staff according to these needs.
- Ensure schedule is meeting the department needs and is in balance with labor goals.
- Ensure daily shipping requirements are met by following up on daily activities and setting goals to meet these requirements.
- Improve overall profit in the shipping department by implementing new ideas.
- Follow up on employee performance and work with Human Resources with concerns or performance issues.
- Develop and motivate shipping team members.
- Enforce rules for loss prevention along with the monitoring of employee behavior.
- Work with programming department to increase accuracy and efficiency of shipping.
- Communicate with Customer Service Manager about any shipping issues that may arise.
- Analyze and create reports for any areas in need of improvement.
- Update and write shipping procedures as the department and company evolve.
- Determine new equipment purchases and offer proposals to CEO for approval.
- Design the layout of shipping equipment and procedures, as needed to improve the shipping department.
- Maintain contact with vendors and manufacturers of shipping supplies for best pricing on materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Performance Expectations
- Train and assist the Assistant Shipping Manager with the following:
- Ensuring Shipping Specialists are efficient with picking, packing, sorting and shipping or all orders placed. This includes:
- Coaching employees on policies and procedures.
- Reviewing employee productivity daily.
- Helping Shipping Specialists with questions and making sure they have all the tools that are necessary in performing their job tasks.
- Leading by example.
- Train Shipping Specialists and Team Leads, both seasonal and year-round.
- Ensure safety measures are being followed by all company employees.
- Communicate with Warehouse Managers about inventory concerns.
- Measure and weigh new products.
- Order shipping supplies and maintain on-hand inventory.
- Assist the Shipping Specialists, as needed with:
- Picking, packing and shipping orders.
- Take special shipments to the post office for manual processing.
- Sorting outgoing packages for proper carrier pick-up.
- Maintaining a clean and organized shipping department:
- Stock shipping materials at packing stations.
- Remove excess cardboard and garbage from the work areas and floors.
- Sweeping the area to maintain cleanliness.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent with a preferred 4 year degree in a related field.
- 2+ years of shipping experience or related field, with management experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience setting and meeting goals.
- Positive, outgoing leader who is innovative and has a desire to win.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: hr@HalloweenCostumes.com.