Plus Size Purple Fringe Flapper Costume
- Plus Size Purple Fringe Flapper Costume
- 100% polyester tricot fabric
- Seven tiers of purple fringe
- Silver sequined elastic headband has upright feather
- Neckline edged w/ sequins
The alley is dark, it doesn't look like much back there. A cat, or what you hope is a cat, skitters away from you as you step, tentatively, away from the sidewalk and into the gloom. There's one light above a door at the end of the alley and you hurry toward it, your heels clicking on the paving stones. You knock two hard knocks and three light on the door, just like you were told to do. A handsome man in a fedora answers and as he opens the door you hear it and smell it all at once. The trumpeting of the brass band, the smoke, the laughter, the magic of the speakeasy is floating up from the staircase, just for you.
Wouldn't it be great to be a part of the golden era that was the 20's? Those ladies sure knew how to dress. They had thrown off their corsets for the ever fabulous sheath dresses that we still love today. The style back then was all about texture: beading, fringe, and feathers. All that fringe was really something once you were shimmying to jazz music out on the dance floor. Imagine that, after ladies had been wearing corsets in sealed up drawing rooms less than ten years earlier. Flappers were making up for lost time. These ladies knew how to razzle dazzle.
Bring the magic of the speakeasies back to life in this royal purple flapper dress. When you put on this fabulous ensemble you'll be ready for all that jazz. Sure, this flapper's looking great in purple but tonight she's going to paint the town red.
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- less fringesBy sohayla.777 | October 24, 2018the size is good (i advise getting one size larger than your regular) but it has less fringes than in the picture specially at the stomach area where the underlying shiny cheap material really shows. the sequins at the top keep rolling inside, otherwise it is O.K.Was this review helpful to you?
- Exactly What I Wanted!By Current Customer | April 4, 2017I normally wear a 3X in woman's clothes but I ordered a 6X because I did not the costume to be too tight! When I received it yesterday, it was in great condition. It is kinda big at the top but I can take care of that with a couple of safety pins. I am so excited that I will be able to play the part in the play that I am in without worrying if the dress is going to split open!Was this review helpful to you?
- Beautiful!By Current Customer | October 4, 2016A 2xwould have been betterWas this review helpful to you?
- Great fitBy C Hudson | April 30, 2016Gave it 5 stars but if you purchase remember it is short! Still like will not be returning.Was this review helpful to you?
- Size is perfectBy Anonymous | October 16, 2015Although the size is perfect the material this shift dress is made from is so cheap it looks like a rag. It is okay for a costume as I am sure the party will be dark and spooky.Was this review helpful to you?
- Not true to sizeBy jh1992 | October 31, 2013I ordered this costume last week and I even ordered it a size bigger than the size calculator thing said and it is very tight. Not very happy!Was this review helpful to you?