Plus Size 1920's Flapper Costume
- Plus Size 1920's Flapper Costume
- 100% polyester tricot fabric
- Seven tiers of fringe
- Black sequin neckline edging
- Shiny black sequined elastic headband has upright feather
So you've decided to dress as a flapper? Well, congratulations! Dressing up as a 20's fashionista is the most exciting decade to channel. That golden age was filled with things we still love today. It was the age of the Manhattan, of that brand new jazz sound, and most importantly, the age of fringe.
Is there anything as fun as wearing a dress made mostly of fringe? We don't think so. Well, maybe wearing a dress made of fringe on a yacht, dancing to a full brass band with an illegal mint julep in hand. That's only more fun if you're still wearing a fringe dress. This satiny black dress has seven layers of fringe. Seven layers, that's the perfect amount of layers. There are seven layers in a seven layer dip, there are seven deadly sins, and there are seven layers of fringe dancing with you as you shimmy yourself across the dance floor. With the sequined and feathered headband, you'll be ready to emerge as the star that you always have been. Just don't forget your pearls and your long black gloves. Because, darling, gloves are a high society must! Don't cause a scandal by going to the Gatsby party bare armed.
When you slip on your flapper dress you might find you'll be tempted to expressions like "the bee's knees" and maybe even "jeepers creepers!". We suggest you simply go with it. The life of a flapper is a real hoot, so if the flapper attitude leaks into your everyday life, it can only be a good thing.
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Flapper CostumeBy Jessie Clark | November 2, 2015We loved the dresses and the timely manner it took us to get it back. Thank youWas this review helpful to you?
- WOO HOO!By Current Customer | May 6, 2016LOVE IT!!!! EXACTLY what I expected. It did need a small amount of alterations but I was able to do that the same night my dress arrived. The quality was good too! TOTALLY worth the price!Was this review helpful to you?
- Did not make it through the nightBy Anonymous | October 2, 2019I got a 7x and it was big on but worked. The only problem was it unraveled a few times. It was poorly sewed.Was this review helpful to you?
- SPARSE FRINGEBy shortncute54 | September 25, 2019I THOUGHT BY THE PICTURE IT WOULD BE FRINGE ON THE WHOLE DRESS, BUT THE TOP IS VERY SPARSE AND LOOKS CHEAPWas this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | March 14, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | December 26, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | November 19, 2018Was this review helpful to you?