Adult Pop Art Guy Costume
- Jacket/Shirt Combo
- Hat w/ Attached Thought Bubble
- Dry Erase Marker
- 100% polyester twill & interlock knit fabrics; 100% polyurethane foam
- Jacket/shirt combo fastens w/ Velcro at center back
- Red necktie sewn to white shirt-front panel
- Belt has elastic back band, felt buckle; fastens w/ Velcro
- Foam porkpie hat has ribbon band, thought bubble on post sewn into side pocket
- Write your own message on the dry-erase thought bubble w/ included marker
None of the big famous pop artists wanted to put their name on this costume, but that's okay by us, because now this Adult Pop Art Guy is kind of an everyman figure. Don't spend one more tortured sleepless night trying to decide whether you should dress as a blown-up soup can or a panel from a comic book, because this outfit is a validation of the whole pop art project. Which is sometimes a little hard to describe, because even though it's supposed to be somewhat critical of consumer culture, it winds up making certain products look pretty good.
Sure, there's something cleverly sinister about putting on clothing and makeup that makes a real flesh-and-blood person look like a colorful drawing from an old Sunday funnies section. But doesn't it also create a pretty neat visual effect? And isn't there something that still feels contemporary about that little speech bubble above the hat, especially since the viewer can fill in the blank with a dry-erase marker? Probably. But is it supposed to feel fun? Ironic? Elegiac?
Hey, we've been to a couple of museums, but we're not connoisseurs. We just know a good-looking Halloween costume when we see one, and you're looking at it! Whether you want to turn the party into an all-out seminar on art history or just mix in a little style and color, you can't go wrong with this combo ensemble inspired by some of the most distinctive and iconic paintings of the 20th century.
There are no reviews for this item yet. Be the first to write a review!